Antwort

Lösung

Low speeds and high ping, especially in the evening
Matas
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Connection type: Cable

Plan: 1000Mbit/s

Connection: LAN (problem persists on WiFi as well)

Yes I have tried replugging every part of the cable (both ethernet, wall cable), powering off and on again, restarting the devices, disconnecting all devices except one, nothing helps.

Hi, I am experiencing super slow internet speeds and very high ping in the evenings (usually after 6pm), my ping tends to go above 100 and speeds slow down to as low as 10Mbit/s. Besides the issue for the evenings, my internet never reaches the advertised 1000Mbit/s speed, the highest I have seen it was ~800Mbit/s, normally my speed averages ~400Mbit/s. This is of course unacceptable on your most expensive plan. The ping needs to be fixed as well as I am unable to use internet services properly due to it being so high, both for work purposes, entertainment and general internet use. Basically in the evening it can get so bad that I am forced to stop using my devices entirely.

I have already called customer service and they have forwarded me to this forum for someone to reply to me in English. The issue seems to me that there is not enough bandwidth for my address as once people use the internet in the evenings it slows down to abysmall speeds.

Finally, I have another question: is it possible to open ports so that I can access my computing resources via the internet as I need it for my job.

Thank you in advance.

Edit: @Matas  Moved to the correct board. Best regards Kurtler

11 Antworten 11
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Matas,

what is your ZIP code? Do ping and bandwidth get better later in the evening, after midnight or so? Regarding the slower speed during the day please check the TCP optimizer and the hints in the thread Fit für Gigabit. Did the colleague from the hotline open a support task for you?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi, ping and bandwidth do get better after 12. I have checked the TCP optimizer and the thread without any solution.

Regarding a ticket from your colleague, I don't know, the vodafone phone customer support was extremely unhelpful many times over and unwilling to help via phone.

ERFD

Hello Matas,

please leave us a latency test and a speed test in and out of the affected time. We will be happy to have a look at it.

Regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Matas
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

As a preface: I am connected via Ethernet, this is the only device on the network, I restarted my router, my pc and the only program running on the computer is the browser for the test (Windows 10).

https://www.nperf.com/r/3376391797480486-1LiAxFyp Here's an Nperf test at 10:30 AM with only 58% of my advertised speed

https://www.nperf.com/r/3376393020992839-fwntl7Ca Nperf to Frankfurt (most frequent location connection for me) with <30% of my total advertised speed at 10:37AM

https://librespeed.org/results/?id=1iefhm2 Here's a librespeed test at 10:33 AM (similar speeds, however my upload is even worse, only 10% of my advertised speed)

https://librespeed.org/results/?id=1ienx0q Another librespeed test to a NL server with similar speeds

Please keep in mind this is a good case scenario!!! 

(this is my expected ping and speed on ~60% of days, as you can see it reaches only half of my advertised speed.

https://gameserverping.com/snapshot/417197ee3604616944ce This is a ping test taken for a game I play frequently (Valorant), as you can see even though the servers are super close to Berlin (normally I select Frankfurt, my ping is still in the 30s-40s, which is quite high for such a short distance). With Vodafone in NL (I travel there frequently) I regularly get 10ms ping on Frankfurt servers. As you can see the ping is not only high, it also spikes frequently up to even 60-80 during good times (morning).

I will update this post in the evening when the eventual ping and speed issues arise.

@ERFD @Claudia I have PM'd you with my address so you can further troubleshoot this issue.

Tobias

Hey @Matas,

I can gladly take a look at the connection. Can you send me your customer data (customer number, name, address and date of birth of the contract holder) via private message?

Then please let me know in the post when you have sent me the data.

Regards

Tobias

Matas
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi @Tobias I have replied via PM!

Wallace

Hi Matas

We have too high a load on our network in the evening and that is why expansion work is already underway. Unfortunately, there is currently no plan date for the completion of the work.

I have changed your connection to dual stack. Now you can set up port forwarding.

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi @Wallace would you please decrease the cost of the subscription for the future and rertoactively until the work is completed, I have been paying for a 1000mbit/s subscription since the start of my plan, but barely getting 50% of the promised speed on a good day.

Tobias

Hi @Matas,

actually we would offer you 50% of the monthly payment, but it looks like it could be fixed / or its already done for now. Actually we got another problem in our upload, did you measure that maybe?

Regards

Tobias