Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Internet slow since the last week [EN]
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Hi,

My internet has been very slow since the last week. I have the CableMax 1000 plan (or whatever it's called), and previously I easily got 600–700 MBit/s out of it, right now depending on the server I get 20–100. It gets especially bad during the evening, with streaming video buffering a lot, but even during the day I have constant stuttering issues with my work-related meetings. I've tried restarting the router, but it hasn't helped, and in any case the issue seems to be somewhere further since the router's status page doesn't show anything problematic. Would you mind checking it on your side? I'll post some screenshots in a separate comment since I couldn't even create a new topic with all those in.

Best regards,

Alex

15 Antworten 15
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Status page:

modem-1.pngmodem-2.pngmodem-3.png

mtr results:

mtr-1.pngmtr-2.png

Jana478
Administrator:in

Hallo technocoreai,

please send me your details (customer number, address, name and date of birth) in a private message.

Then report back here briefly when you have sent the message.

Then we will check your connection and see what is going on.

Many greetings

Jana

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Hello,

Thanks! The issues have gone away yesterday evening, and it's been working fine since then. I'll keep checking it until Monday and send you the details if it becomes slow again, otherwise I'll close the topic.

Best regards,

Alex

Jana478

Hello technocoreai,

ok, we'll do it that way, feel free to give feedback before we close.

Many greetings

Jana

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
 Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Hello,

Unfortunately it's still not perfect. I don't get constant 200ms+ pings anymore, but now I get spikes of packet losses anywhere beyond my router, which happen every couple of minutes and last for a second or two every time. This is a problem that seems to occur every couple of months, and I see my neighbours complaining about the same situation in the building's Facebook group, so it looks like it's a problem with the Vodafone equipment. I'll send you details in the PM, could something be done on a more permanent basis? With the current situation, having issues with work-related meetings for almost a week is very frustrating.

Best regards,
Alex

Screen Shot 2021-10-08 at 19.12.14.jpgScreen Shot 2021-10-08 at 19.14.00.jpg

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

And now it's back to 100ms average pings immediately after the router and 2% packet loss. This forum page too 10 seconds to load.

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello technocoreai,

please send a Pingplotter you made through an ethernet connection. Use one of the services you noticed the packetloss with as the destination and set the interval to 2.5 seconds.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Hi,
I usually check that this is not my Wifi by running the same ping with my access point. My neighbours are also not using my connection, so it's definitely not it.

I've done the same via Ethernet directly to the Vodafone router, same results (even worse today because the pings are back). I've also set the interval to 2.5 seconds as you've requested, this unfortunately makes the full outage spikes less noticeable, but you can still see vertical lines of "?" characters sometimes. The terrible pings are back today, as you can see.

Best regards,
Alex

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 21.20.33.jpgScreen Shot 2021-10-11 at 21.20.42.jpgScreen Shot 2021-10-11 at 21.20.46.jpg

Gelöschter User
Nicht anwendbar

Hi,

Any updates? Vodafone connection has been experiencing issues in the whole apartment building for almost 2 weeks already (I see lots of discussions in the Facebook group), with multiple people reporting it. Is there an ETA on a fix?

Best regards,

Alex