Mobile contract cancellation
Chandan1265
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I got a 5g sim with unlimited data today from a vodafone store. But after coming home, it looks like the connectivity is very poor at my place and so is the internet speed. Since it is only 1 day since I got the sim, I wanted to cancel it. I am still under the 14 day cancellation period, so I should not be charged any money for the cancellation, correct? 

4 Antworten 4
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Nope, there is no withdrawal right if you made the contract in a store.

You are bound to the contract for the next 24 months - as you signed in the store.

My present tariff is 55 Euros/ month, which is a lot for a slow internet. Can I switch to a lower tariff or a tariff with a phone included? What happens to my contract if I port the number to another provider?

reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Again: You are bound to the contract as you signed for.

There is no right to switch to a lower tariff - and you may only opt for a phone in your tariff plan for additional costs (after a period of 3 months has passed).

And porting your number does NOT change anything of your contractual obligations, e.g. paying the base fees for (at least) the minimum contract term.

And as nobody guarantees you a minimum speed for mobile connections, a slow speed does not constitute any rights for premature cancellations or price reductions at all.

Chandan1265
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Thank you so much for the reply. One last question, I have an esim currently, I want to replace it with an actual sim just to check if there would be any change in the connectivity. How do I do that?