Buying phone from people
Artem2
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

What if I bought brand new unpacked mobile phone with Vodafone bill. I did not know that hasn't been fully paid. What will happen if the original owner stops paying his bills? It has 24 month contract. My phone will be blacklisted, locked or what? Am I "safe" in this situation? Can I use that phone or should it be returned to and to whom? Also does it have simlock? Or can I use it abroad and with other sim cards,not only German? My excuses for posting in english.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Gr3g
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

Where did you buy the mobile phone, possibly privately?

For years there have been no cell phones with a SIM lock for Vodafone fixed-term contracts, prepaid is different. Mobile phones are not locked by the provider (also technically not possible), if the contract holder does not make his payments. He'll be allowed to deal with the debt collection, so you're safe there.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

1 Antwort 1
Gr3g
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

Where did you buy the mobile phone, possibly privately?

For years there have been no cell phones with a SIM lock for Vodafone fixed-term contracts, prepaid is different. Mobile phones are not locked by the provider (also technically not possible), if the contract holder does not make his payments. He'll be allowed to deal with the debt collection, so you're safe there.