Wifi of the Connect Box keeps cutting off
BaptAlex05
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello Vodafone,

I received my Connect Box a few days ago. Overall the Internet connection works really well (good speed, low ping) and I am really happy with it. The only thing not great is the WiFi. Indeed, it cuts regularly which is really annoying when being on a call, playing games online, watching a TV show... I know this is the WiFi because with an Ethernet cable, there is no problem. I checked the forums here and I saw that it seems to be a recurrent problem with the Connect Box... Which is a little bit annoying because it is the one I got with my contract. 

Is there any solution you could offer me?

Thank you in advance!

4 Antworten 4
natas666
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

u r using an "eazy"-contract?

this seems 2 be the only reason why u got a connect box - this router is not "state of the art" or better it uses an old technology (no docsis 3.1 and so on)

but wifi can cause problems with any other router also,

because it is radio-frequenzy-signal (german: funknetzwerk)

and quasi everything makes wifi / wlan weak

u should learn some main facts of wifi (just google "optimizing wifi" or something like this.

so u may find a better configuration  and use wifi which is faster with less errors .....

always use the 5 ghz wifi when available !

range is not so large as the 2,4 ghz - but more stabile and much faster

Thank you very much for your answer! I indeed have an eazy-40 contract.

I already played with the WiFi settings because I'm no stranger with the different settings. I tried separating the 5GHz card and the 2,4GHz, changing the bandwidth, the channels... But it doesn't change anything. The problem is that the WiFi cuts. When it works, it works fairly well. 

I would still like to know what Vodafone can offer because it really seems like there is a problem with the Connect Box itself...

u can contact the support - reporting the router (connect box) is broken.

not working, no lights on it work etc

(disconnect it before..)

I think u will get a vodafone station as an exchange - better luck with it maybe

That is actually what I was hoping! Cause changing it for another Connect Box will not change anything I think. And I saw a similar thread on this forum and that's what they did.

thank for your answer!