Frequent cable internet problems (English)
Elizabeth82491
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I activated my cable internet on May 25th, 2022 and after the 15min I had internet but it was interrupted every 5 minutes (installation, cable connections, and activation were made by a professional, so no unexpert issues were involved). The next days it worked well, but during the last 2 weeks, the connection is disrupted every day, especially during the afternoon and/or night, it happens for 5 minutes each 15 minutes approx. during 1-3 hours or there are long disconnections for 30 minutes approx., no matter if I am connected via cable or wifi, even if the lights in the router are working normally. This is really disgusting because it happens even when I am in online meetings, and restarting the router every day is not practical. Also, even if I have followed the steps of the virtual assistant, minutes later internet is disrupted again, and again, and again. Everything is perfectly connected at home, as I said, the installation was made by a professional; in fact, after the disruptions on the day of the activation of the service, the technician told me that it is possible that the router (model TG3442DE) is faulty from the factory because what was happening was not normal.

Vodafone doesn't have a contact form to report these problems, each link that I click to contact the company sends me to the virtual assistant, and it is not giving me a real solution for these frequent disconnections, only temporal solutions. When I call the customer service they say that the communication must be in German and unfortunately I don't speak that language, I cannot believe that a big company like this doesn't have options at least in English. Also, I don't have a ticket for this problem because obviously, I can only contact the virtual assistant when the internet is working and then everything remains as in the beginning.

If someone has had similar problems please let me know how you solved them. If a person from Vodafone read it, please give me a solution. Thanks, Elizabeth

13 Antworten 13
Elizabeth82491
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi, sorry for continuing writing in English but I have very basic German.

My connection problems are even more frequent. Today, at least for one hour, the internet (including LAN connection) was down and up every 2 minutes. Please Vodafone HELP!! And please don't send me with TOBi, it is not solving anything permanently, I cannot be restarting the router every day and several times per day, it makes no sense for a contract that promised a permanent internet connection. 

I hope Vodafone can provide me a solution.

Thanks.

Internet is gone for the fourth time only today. It is up for 1 minute and down for 5 minutes!! 

I wrote to TOBi and then I received a call from Vodafone but the assistant didn't speak English.

Martin59
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello Elizabeth82491,

I can understand that the sitaution is annoying for you.

Therefore, I like to look at the facts in detail.

Can you please tell me in which state you live?

Best regards, Martin

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi @Martin59 

I live in Grainau 82491

Hi again @Martin59 

I still don't receive any answer or solution, my message is just being ignored but the Vodafone Internet service continues with frequent disruptions at different times of the day, but every day.

I already gave my location in my previous message.

Please provide me a solution. Thank you.

Manu
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Elizabeth82491,

sorry for the late reply, but we are in a community, not a live chat.

Please send me your name, date of birth, address and customer number in a private message and I will have a look at your connection.

Sign in here again, when the message is sent. We will answer as fast as possible.

Thanks @Manu, I sent you a private message with my information.

Manu

Hi Elizabeth82491,

thanks for the message. I have checked your connection - looks really bad and I understand why you are a little exhausted.

The values are not in tolerance so that causes the interruptions. Have you checked the cable connection to the antenna socket? Is this cable plugged in correctly and not defective?

If so, we have to let this check by a technician on your site. Can you give him access to the house system in your building?

Best regards, Manu

Hi @Manu ,

Thank you for your answer. The antenna socket is ok and everything is correctly plugged. The socket in my flat is new and everything was installed by a technician, who checked all the levels. I had to pay for that because the "self-installation" promissed was not possible.

Regarding the connection in the building, I have no idea how it is. However, before singning the contract with Vodafone I asked if the company had a good service for this building and the seller assured me that yes (according to your system). I can provide to the technician the access to the building system but first I should ask to the manager where is it. If a technician from Vodafone is comming to check it, does it have an extra cost or is it part of what the seller assured me before signing the contract?

Thanks.

Elizabeth