Request router replacement
bearbear71
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

need a new internet router. I called the customer support, but they don't speak English.

I got an internet router from Vodafone and it was working fine until recently. It began disconnecting randomly and without warning, I followed the steps to try and repair it, even resetting it to factory settings but it did not fix anything.
1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
MariaK
Moderator:in

No problem. I have now sent you a new router. Please send the old router back to us as soon as possible.

Maria

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

10 Antworten 10
R4mona

Hi bearbear71,

I am sorry that your router is not working properly. Verlegener Smiley

Please be so kind and answer the following questions. This will make it easier for us to isolate your problem.

Kind regards

R4mona

Hello R4mona, here are my answers, I also log the event for the router if will provide any help, thank you.

• What contract do you have? ( Vodafone CableMax1000  
  • Which modem/ router are you using? Vodafone standard WiFi cable router   
  • Do you use a rental device from us or do you have your own deviceVodafone rental   
  • Which error occurs? Freezing and random disconnects of the router, the router will reset by itself and completely disconnect the wifi and the LAN, otherwise the speeds are normal.  
  • How is your device connected to the modem ? LAN and WiFi  
  • Which browser do you usually use? Chrome  
  • Which operating system do you have on your computer? Windows  
  • Start and period of the disruption  (eg: since the beginning of April; only in the evening)  Since May 25th   
  • Also upload a screenshot of the signal values . You can find this in the user interface of your cable router via  192.168.0.1 or via 192.168.178.1 on the Fritzbox. Unsure how to get these values.      
  • What measures were taken by the fault hotline (available at 0800-5266625)? My german is fairly poor so I was unable to use this.  
  • In which state do you live? Baden-Wuerttemberg

MariaK

Hello bearbear71,

I would like to take a look at your connection and start an error analysis.

Can you please send me a PN with the following information:

Customer number

Name of the contract holder

Date of birth

Street + house number

postcode + city

State

Current mobile phone number

Many greetings,

Maria

Hello MariaK, 

PN has been sent. I have found that every time the internet becomes disconnected, both LAN and WiFi, this appears in the logs of the router. 

MariaK

Hello bearbear71,

Thank you for your message. I have looked at your connection and some values are out of tolerance. That's why I have now created a technician ticket. This will now be forwarded to our technical service partner. They will first try to solve the problem remotely within the next 48 hours. If this is successful, you will receive a notification by SMS. If this was not possible remotely, a technician will contact you.

Best regards,

Maria

Hello MariaK,

The technician came by but found no issue with the connection to our building, he reset our router (which I have already tried) and while testing it the issue persists (see attached event log). I believe this is an issue with the router itself as the technician confirmed there was no direct issue with the buildings connection.

MariaK

Hello Carrasco,

I've looked at the ticket. According to the technician, everything should actually work. If it doesn't, unfortunately we only have 2 options:

- Replace the router

- create a new ticket

Unfortunately we cannot do anything else.

Many greetings,

Maria

I understand, I believe a router replacement would be best as the technician was very thorough here.

MariaK

No problem. I have now sent you a new router. Please send the old router back to us as soon as possible.

Maria