No connection to Hotspot or Homespot
nfu0915
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear support team,

I haven't been able to connect to the WLAN hotspot or homespot which I had been using for >1 year at home. The service I have is Hotspot-Flat. 

My address is Fassbinderweg, 22419 Hamburg (one homespot is HH-1-2224290). Could you please check what the problem might be? All three of my connected devices suddently stopped connecting since yesterday (July 25).

Thanks and best regards,

N.

4 Antworten 4
pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi nfu0915,

there are no issues with that modem. It is a Homespot, so it's the connection from another customer. Do other spots work?

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
nfu0915
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi pRo-Marco,

After talking to the service hotline, i realized that the homespot ID I wrote in the initial post is not the one I had been using, it is, as you said , a private one. Please ignore it. The service I have is for public hotspots.

They asked me for the hotspot ID. The problem is, The hotspot is visible and has always good signal strength, but the field ‘hotspot ID’ in the app hotspot finder is empty! The network page on my phone says ‘failed to obtain IP address’.

This problem appeared suddenly after 1.5 years of usage. And calling the hotline three times did not improve the situation in any way. They said that maybe I am not in the service coverage. But I have been always! Could you please look up which public hotspot is installed at my private address (Kunden Nr ***)?

Since The app does not show me the hotspot ID, in my opinion, the public hotspots in our building should be checked personally by the 1st level support from Vodafone.

Please You may reach me at ***. Thank you!

Regards,
N.

Community-Team: Removed private data

Let me try again: Kunden Nr ***. Referenzkonto: 0002. Attached please find the info I could gather from the hotspot finder app. Thanks, N.

Community-Team: Removed customer number

Claudia

Hello nfu0915,

first of all, I removed your customer number and cell phone number, as they were publically visible. If the Hotspot finder doesn't show the ID of the Hotspot you are connected with, is it displayed at the bottom right when you are on the Login page? If not, can you try and find out which Hotspots are in your surrounding by entering your address in the map?

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!