Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Need help cancelling old contract! Now paying 2 bills :(
nanostoat
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

I signed up for Vodafone Kabel quite a few months ago after a home visit. I was told that if I liked the new service I could keep it and my old contract would be cancelled, but unfortunately I didn't realise that I needed to send info within 3 days to make this happen. Now I am paying for 2 internet connections, which I cannot afford. All the documents were in German - my German is not too bad, but letters and contracts are impenetrable to me!

Please can you help me cancel my old contract or the vodafone one?

Thank you!

18 Antworten 18

Hi, sorry to be a pain, but I have received confirmation that my T-Mobile contract will be cancelled... in September. When the contract actually ends itself. So I will now be paying an extra 35€ every month on top of my vodafone one, all the way until September. 60€ a month on internet in total.

Am I missing something? The man who came to my door made it sound as though the old contract could be cancelled immediately. I didn't realise I'd simply have 2 contracts and 2 internet connections until my 2 year T-Mobile contract ran out. If I'd known that, I'd have said no. And I could have cancelled the T-Mobile one myself!

I feel like this is false advertising. Why say the old contract can be cancelled if you don't mean immediately?

Stephan
Moderator:in

Hi nanostoat,

we will take care that you do not have to pay any basic fees for your tariff until the leap day.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Thank you very much!

(sorry for the delay in my response)

Hi there,

Looks like the vodafone fee is coming out on Monday, it is listed in my bank statement as pending.

Will it be refunded?

Grit
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello nanostoat,

the bill will only amount to the security package. The basic charges are currently not calculated because of the remaining term program. This does not apply to options.

Regards

Grit

nanostoat
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

I have no idea what that means, I'm afraid. Can you please clarify?

It is the full fee that I have been charged. I cancelled it, and now I have a letter from vodafone saying I need to pay it back, which I have attached.

Edit: @nanostoat Attachment with personal data removed

Thomas

Hi nanostoat,

we have tried several times to debit from your account. However without success and therefore also the reminder. The monthly fee of 19,99 Euro i booked out. Please pay the rest immediately.  

Regards

Thomas

I'll pay it but I would like some clarification as to what this fee is for first.

I hope you understand why, having paid so much extra money for superfluous internet services, I am reluctant to part with extra cash especially without knowing what the money is for.

Thomas

Hi nanostoat,

the bill is for the monthly fee for the Internet & Phone rate. In addition, there is the security package and the fees for the return debit. You can also view your bills in the customer portal at any time.

Grüße

Thomas