abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

VPN and other configuration are disabled.
Serdar_m
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Sorry for my bad German. Right now I am at beginner level in German language, therefore I have to write in English.

I have just moved to Germany and I have been using kabel Internet for more than 6 years in my origin country. I am a system engineer, so I kindly request that all configuration menu on my DOCSIS 3.1 modem to be enabled in order to setup my home network such as VPN konfiguration, NAT rules and advanced firewall rules.

Right now, there are just simple settings on my modem admin portal which I cannot setup my home network.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Kind Regards.

15 Antworten 15
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Serdar_m,

did you already enable the expert mode?

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Claudia,

Yes, I already have enabled expert mode. Actually, when I first set up the modem, I am sure that I saw VPN and other advanced configurations. However, one day later after the first setup, all options are seems to be gone or hidden from user. Thank you for your support in advance. 

Claudia

Hello Serdar_m,

I'm afraid you don't have those options because your modem uses DSlite. Could you check that?

Kind regards

Claudia

Hi Claudia,

Thank you for your answer, but I have checked my modem interface I could not find the information about DSLite.

Could you please tell me where to look at this information? By the way, I have already reset and re-plugged my modem, but the result remains same.

Kind Regards,

Claudia

Hello Serdar_m,

one way could be to check the website wieistmeineip.de, but the result may mean either DSLite or Dualstack. So I can check that if you send me your details. I will need your customer number, date of birth and the full address. Send everything via private message and answer here again.

Kind regards

Claudia

Hı,

I have sent my details in PM. Thank you,

Kınd Regards

Manu

Hi Serdar_m,

thanks for the data. Your modem uses DSLite.

Best Regards, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Manu,

Thank you for providing the information regarding connection type. In this case, what should I do to have a solution for my problem. I am new to German network infrastructure so I dont have much information about what to do.

Thank you very much,

Kind Regards

Manu

We have two options here:

1. you switch your router to bridge mode and connect your own external router, then you can run your VPN via IPv4.

2 You can get a fixed IPv4 address from us in a business contract for a small surcharge.

Either way your desired VPN connection will probably only work with a pure IPv4 address, unless the remote peer can also connect via IPv6.

BR, Manu

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!