Internet disconnects randomly several times a day
username283
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello everyone

Sorry for writing in English. I live in Berlin Weissensee 13086 and my tariff is Red Internet & Phone 500 Cable. The modem is CBN CH7466CE. For years I've been satisfied with the overall quality of service, but just around two or three weeks ago I started experiencing random drops in connection every hour or so. The internet suddenly becomes unavailable on every device connected to the router and then comes back after a short break. It's not a problem with WiFi as the devices connected by cable lose connection too. It usually happens several times a day. On some days it goes away and then on the others it happens more frequently than usual.

Unfortunately it affects my work a lot so it's a serious problem rather than just a minor inconvenience. It's super annoying when the internet disconnects during a very important call or a meeting. 

Can someone please have a look into this?

Thank you!

16 Antworten 16
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Sergey1,

do the disconnects still occur with a different coaxial cable and after a reset of the router? If yes, I would like to have a look at your connection. Please send me your customer number, date of birth and the full address in a private message. Leave a short reply in this thread after you sent the data.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hello Claudia!

Thank you for your reply! The Internet started to drop again this week and it's very frustrating as I can't have a video call without constant interruptions. I need this problem fixed asap.

I sent you my details in a PM.

Thank you.

A quick update. It only got worse and now I don't have consistently working internet connection at all. I had it working two or maybe three times today, each time for no longer than around 15 minutes.

At the end of the day, the problem has not been resolved and instead it has gotten progressively worse.

Can someone please let me know if anyone will look into it and should I expect it to be resolved anytime soon? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Wallace

Hey,

did you change your username?

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello Wallace!

Yes, I did change my username. Is it important? Could you please help me with my problem?

Thank you

Excuse me, I don't understand how it works. I sent my details in a private message a week ago and then nothing happened. My internet is still terrible. What am I waiting for?

A daily reminder that my internet connection is still poor and no one seems to be doing anything about it.

ERFD

Hello username283,

there is a disturbance in the upstream in your area. The technical department is in the process of fixing the problem. Unfortunately there is no prognosis when it will work again. You will get a SMS when the colleagues fix the problem.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello,

I appreciate it that you addressed the problem. For the past week the internet worked almost okay.

However, yesterday it started happening again. Now it's so frequent the connection dropped four times this morning alone. I'm having disconnects literally right now as I'm typing this. It just keeps dropping every 15 minutes or so. I can't have a video meeting or a gaming session without getting kicked out constantly.

This is absolutely unacceptable.

I can only conclude that Vodafone Kabel is unreliable to the point it can't be considered a viable option for home internet.

If you don't have a solution to fix the problem once and for all then I'll have no choice other than to terminate the contract, because with this level of quality it's literally unusable.