INTERNET COMPLETELY UNUSABLE
fix_your_connec
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

The Modem (WIFI 6 CGA6444VF Firmware version 19.3B70-1.2.47) became EXTREMELY UNSTABLE in the last 2 weeks. I cannot conduct an 20min interview via Teams without interuption. ALL packages (from all devices) will drop for 10 seconds every few minutes and causing the internet becoming unusable. It also reset the DHCP IPv4 address to LAN devices, which causes the connection to reset. I CANNOT WORK WITH THIS INTERNET.

Other than that the downstream speed is beyond slow, it's absurd: 4Mbit/s top speed in a 250Mbit/s plan. My phone has a better connection than that.

I don't know if it's a Modem/Firmware issue or what, the issue pops up about 1/1.5 weeks ago. I have reset the network setting of all my devices (Linux, Windows, Mac, iPad, iPhone), reset the modem. The temporary solution to the IP issue is to place a Wifi AP and connect to the modem via static IP, but the package drop presist. So I can rule out local LAN issue, either your modem or your local ISP exchange centre is failing.

I ran the breitbandmessung in WIFI off, only Windows 11 device directly connected to the modem, and the result is absurd, I've never seen that kind of speed for 10 years.

Screenshot 2022-06-03 210122.png

Also, I can't find the kundennummer anywhere in the documents Vodafone have sent me so far, I registered via Check 24 and I've only received the modem and nothing else that carries a kundennummer so far.

ZIP: 76297 BW

Edit: @fix_your_connec  Moved in the correct board. Best regards Kurtler

6 Antworten 6
Kieferer
Host-Legende
Host-Legende

Possibly there is a FW problem for your router.

To get a dive in for your download problem:

If not answered yet:

Which tariff do you have
Postcode/State
Bridge Mode used
Downstream router used

Post the complete docsis level as a photo 4th icon from the right.

Userban wg. wiederholter Missachtung der Forenregeln. Gruß, das Mod-Team

I suspected a firmware/firewall issure as well, as discussed in other posts:

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Paketverlust-alle-5-Minuten-Ausfall-... 

I tried to diable the Firewall but it seems to give the same result anyway

Tariff: Red 250 Phone & Internet Kable

Postcode: 76297 BW

Bridge Mode: Doesn't exist in the settings

Downstream Router: TP-Link 300Mbps Wifi N router (Unrelated as it was disconnected from the modem when the measurement was taken)

Screenshot 2022-06-04 145734.pngScreenshot 2022-06-04 145747.png

fix_your_connec
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

The internet was interuted 4 times as in ONE game (20min) and I was kicked out from the server 4 times as a result. It ridiculous. I already set the DNS server to Google DNS so it has to be the modem or upstream exchange

Screenshot 2022-06-04 144736.pngScreenshot 2022-06-04 145153.png

As far as I interpert your downstream level in Rx dBuV, a bunch of 256QAM chanels are out of Range.

Upstream levels are OK

Signalpegel BK-Netz-1.jpg

Thats a good chance for the Netz Assistent to do a proper diagnosisSmiley (überrascht)

The FW of the VF Station is a miracel, I dout that you can it switch off.

I'm living in ex. KDG Area. The Bridge Mode (FW&NAT Off) is switched on/off in your Customer Center

Nothing to do with DNS. Normaly the upload is bad, but in your case the download is bad. So you only partially receive pings.

MariaK
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello fix_your_connec,

I would like to take a look at your connection and start an error analysis.

Can you please send me a PN with the following information:

Customer number

Name of the contract holder

Date of birth

Street + house number

postcode + city

State

Current mobile phone number

Best regards,

Maria

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!