Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Termination due to moving from multi-user property to a building without cable connection contract
Noderi
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi everyone,

I moved on December 22nd into a new building, and before moving, I first asked about the possibility of termination of my contract from the customer service. I received the feedback that since my new address "has a cable connection" then I should stay with my contract until the expiration date (which is March 2023). I called 2 times (once in the 3rd week of November, and then in the 1st week of December) and 2 different agents had the same response, so I requested to move my contract to the new address. On the 23rd of December, a guy from a local cable company (KabelFernsehen Freital) came to my new apartment and requested to fill a form (which initially I thought that it is a part of the Umzug fee of 39.99 Euro) with a SEPA mandate. I filled the form and the guy checked and confirmed the cable connection and left. Today I received a letter dating back to 27.12.2021 from the same company, which is a 2-year contract for the "cable connection" and will cost me 12.05 Euro per month, in order to continue using Internet & Phone from Vodafone. Also apparently my last chance for a request for cancelation is "1 Monat zum Monatsende", while the contract starting date is indicated as 01.01.2022.

As far as I see Vodafone is forcing me to stay in a contract while there is no "fully supplied cable connection from Vodafone". This is incurring unnecessary costs on me, and now I have to pay 130% more than my initial contract and this is not fair.

Since unfortunately, I do not speak German, calling the customer service was not much help, because every time I ended up with an agent who could not speak English. I tried for 2 hours and decided to come and write about my problem in this forum.

Can anyone help me with this situation? or at least guide me on how to proceed? I do not want to stay with my contract with these conditions, since I believe can easily find a much cheaper option with comparable quality.

I would appreciate any help and wish you all a Happy new year.

1 Antwort 1
Tina
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Noderi,

first of all, welcome to our community. Nice to have you here. I hope you and your family had a good start into the new year.

At your new address, there is a "cooperation agreement" with the local network operator. The home network belongs to "KabelFernsehen Freital". We are allowed to offer Internet & Phone via their network. You may use the cable connection itself only under the conditions of "KabelFernsehen Freital".

Best regards

Tina

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!