abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Moving to a new address. What to do with Unitymedia router?
Kaue
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi all,

I am moving to a new apartment and changing contracts from Unitymedia to Vodafone. I already received the new router and the installation will happen in a few days. What should I do with the old router from Unitymedia? 

Thanks for the support!

Best regards,

Kaue

10 Antworten 10
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

Have you reported a move? Because Unitymedia is now part of Vodafone, the company is now called Vodafone West with the regional companies Vodafone NRW, Vodafone Hessen and Vodafone BW.
However, if you haven't reported a move, but have signed a new contract (the new cable router indicates this), then you now have a problem and two contracts. Because your old VF West contract will move with the availability of cable internet.

Kaue
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hey Torsten, thanks for the reply! 

Yes, I have called vodafone and reported the move. I got to get a "new contract" because they could not offer the same speed/settings at the new place. But in any case, the change was made with Vodafone being aware that I was moving. 

Then you either moved into a house where there is no cable connection from Vodafone West and agreed to switch to DSL, or you moved to the area of Vodafone Germany (all federal states except North Rhine-Westphalia, Hesse and Baden Württemberg), which can of course also be used there previous routers from Unitymedia cannot be used.
You have received an order confirmation with a porting form attached. Have you already filled this out and signed it and sent it back to the responsible Vodafone company?
This will automatically terminate the former UM contract and you will receive a confirmation of termination with the return of the previous UM equipment. Then you just have to pack the UM devices in a package after moving and then send it back with the return label. You have 14 days to do this after moving.

Kaue
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

You are correct, I am switching to DSL. 

I received the order confirmation and also the form that I am attaching, is it the porting form that I have to sign and send back?

The attached form is the cancellation policy, so you would only revoke the DSL contract.
You can download the required form here, fill it out, sign it and fax it to the fax number below or use the contact form in MeinVodafone.

Enter Unitymedia or Vodafone West as your previous provider.

R4mona
Moderator:in

Hi Kaue,

Sorry to keep you waiting. Smiley (traurig)

You can print out a return slip on our homepage. Please stick this on the package with your old Unitymedia router and take it to the post office.

Kind regards

R4mona

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Kaue
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Thank you for the answer R4mona!

I was really busy with the moving, so I could not take a look at the forum in the past weeks.

Where can I find the return slip? I tried to find it in the homepage, but could not 😞

Best regards,
Kaue

R4mona

Hey Kaue,

please use the following link. There you will find all the important information on the subject of returns.

Many greetings

R4mona

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Kaue
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hey,

It was a unitymedia contract from 2 years ago, so I do not have the delivery note number because the router came with the technitian who installed the internet. What should I put in the fields to create the return label?

Best regards,

Kaue