Move to apartment which already have vodafone connection as part of Rental contract
Nilesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have moved to new address within the same city in Nuremberg. At new address I already have Vodafone Internet as part of my rental contract and hence would like to terminate my contract.

My Contract start and end date:

Start of contract: 10/30/2019

Earliest possible contract end: 10/30/2021

Last possible receipt of termination until: August 6th, 2021

I went through this article:

https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/Internet-Telefon-TV-%C3%BCber-Kabel/Au%C3%9Ferordigte-K%C3%BCndigung-we...

As per Scenario 3 mentioned in above link, I can prematurely end my contract.

I tried called customer care (08006647073) for canceling the contract unfortunately there was no English help 
So what should be my next step?
1. Should I fill up the contract end form at the following link:

https://kabel.vodafone.de/kontakt/formular

and mention the above reason for ending the contract and also attach my rental agreement?

Or do you I need somehting more to attach?

Question
1. Will above step will end my contract?
Or do I need to do something additional step to end the contract apart from returning the device?

2. From which month I wont be charge for the internet? As its premature end with valid reason.

3. For Device Return: Cable Router Address is as follows correct?
Vodafone Deutschland GmbH
c / o DHL Paket
Am Tower 222
90475 Nuremberg

Since I didnt received any return address sticker similar to my old DSL router.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks and regards,

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Lars
Moderator:in

Hi Nilesh,

please use the move form for your move. Please also have a look at this post. This also applies to moves within Germany. You also have the possibility to submit comments there.

Best regards

Lars

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

12 Antworten 12
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Just to be clear - it doesn't matter if your new address already has an Internet line or not - in general, if your contract can be fullfilled as agreed upon, your contract will move to the new address.

There is only one special possibility to prematurely cancel if old and new contracts are both by Vodafone. You would then need to supply the name of the contractual partner as well as their customer ID in order for Vodafone to check if there is such contract at your new address. But even in that case, you would be required to pay for additional 3 months starting either by the move or the date your notice is received by Vodafone, whichever date is later.

And the best way is to report the move...

By the way: If your landlord made an end users tariff plan, he is not allowed to pass this plan over to any person renting the appartment. And I doubt that it'll work in that case.

Lars

Hi Nilesh,

please use the move form for your move. Please also have a look at this post. This also applies to moves within Germany. You also have the possibility to submit comments there.

Best regards

Lars

Nilesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @reneromann / @Lars ,

Sorry for replying late as I was waiting for Customer ID and contractual partner information from my landlord for my new apartment

>> There is only one special possibility to prematurely cancel if old and new contracts are both by Vodafone. 

[Me] yes in my case both old and my new apartment internet plan is also of Vodafone.

>> You would then need to supply the name of the contractual partner as well as their customer ID in order for Vodafone to check if there is such contract at your new address. 

[Me] Thanks as you mentioned I requested the same and yesterday I received Customer ID and contractual partner from my Landlord. 

>>  And the best way is to report the move...

I will report the move today and in the comments section I will mention my landlord customer ID and Contractual partner from my landlord. @Lars Thanks for providing the link of the move.

Question:

After feeling up the move request what would be the next step? Should I wait for Vodafone to contact me via post/letter ? Or should I do something else too after move request?

Thanks in advance

Nilesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi  @reneromann /  @Lars 

I am not able to submit the Move request because I get the following error:

Please complete or correct the following entry: Please enter at least one product.   

watch TV
Internet / phone
However I do not want to select any of the above product as I already have Vodafone contract at new apartment and I want to end the contract prematurely
Can you please help me?
Thanks and regards
Lars

Hi Nilesh,

please select the contracts you currently have. You must then submit the information about the contract at the new address in the comment field. You will then receive the relevant information on the further procedure by letter from the colleagues.

Best regards

Lars

Nilesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Lars ,

I applied for the move and submitted the information about the contract at the new address in the comment field.

I received an email by vodafone as follows:

congratulations on your new home. 
We would now like to inform you how it works with your cable .........
You pay 39.99 euros once for your move (Section 46 (8) sentences 1 and 2 TKG). .....

It seems Vodafone has completely ignored my comment field where I had mentioned  that I have vodafone connection provided by landlord and mentioned customer id and landlord name.

Can you please help me or guide me what should I do next?

If Vodafone sends the router then vodafone will charge me and I really want to terminate my contract as I already have Vodafone internet provided by landlord

Thanks and regards.

Thomas

Hi Nilesh,

as it looks, the colleagues have decided that the contract will move and not be terminated. It would have been better to inform us that you are moving to another contractor. That was not clear from your text.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Nilesh
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi @Thomas ,

Can you please tell me what I can do now?

I tried my best and had put in comment that please terminate/end my contract as I already have vodafone and provided the details of contractor too.

Thanks and Regards

Thomas

Hi Nilesh,

we will take care that the contract will be terminated. You will receive a new confirmation.

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!