Frage

Antwort

Lösung

[English] Change tariff, Red Internet & Phone Cable
vovo1999
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello. Please kindly help me.

I started to use Red Internet & Phone 500 Cable since September 2021.

Now I think I would like to change my tariff to Red Internet & Phone 50 Cable within 6 months of trial period of the Red Internet & Phone 500 Cable.

I made phone calls to support center to do the change but could not suceed for my poor German..

Could you help me to do the change?

Thank you in advance!

20 Antworten 20
Neverm0re
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I can offer you some other options that I know of.

1. Go to "MeinVodafone" in the top-right, then under "Deine Vodafone-Produkte" there should be the "Red Internet & Phone 500 Cable" contract and there look for "Tarif wechseln". There you might be able to select the "50" contract. Might, because I heard they don't show the options that are "below" (actually meaning cheaper) than your current contract.

2. Go to a Vodafone store in your area and talk to the people there, hopefully one of them speaks English.

3. The number specific to cable contracts and their changing is: 0800 278 70 00 perhaps if you ask directly if they have someone on staff who speaks English they may be able to help you out.

Other than that, maybe the moderators have more insider knowledge AND speak English, because it seems you kinda need both. And good English skills still seem to be rather rare.

Unfortunately, the downgrade within the scope of the switch guarantee does not work via Self Service. This can only be done through customer service. And a shop is certainly not a good idea, because afterwards you go out with a second contract, for which there is not even a possibility of revocation!
As far as I know, the Red Internet & Phone 100 Cable is the lowest tariff that can be changed to as of the 7th month if the change guarantee is included in the contract.
So that a mod can help you here, it is important to know which state you come from.

@Neverm0re The lack of skills may be due to the fact that the contract and support language in Germany is German. If someone provides English support on the hotline, then only to the best of their knowledge and without guarantee.
I can't go to the USA or the UK and expect to receive contracts and support in German. Incidentally, this also applies in every other country.

Dear Noverm0re,

Thank you for your comments.

However, unfortunately none of the options did not work..

1. I`ve got error message of "Das hat leider nicht geklappt"

2. I went to several Vodafone stores but they told that they cannot change the tariff and I have to call to the service center.

3. I could not reach them..

Which federal state do you live in?

I live in Germany.

The country is clear, but your federal state is important. There are various Vodafone Kabel companies, once Vodafone West / ex-Unitymedia with the regional companies in North Rhine-Westphalia, Hesse and Baden Württemberg and once Vodafone Deutschland / ex-Kabel Deutschland in the rest of Germany. One company's mods cannot access the other company's data. The companies also have different phone numbers for customer service.

Thank you for your comments, Torsten.

The state is North Rhine-Westphalia. 

Then have a little patience until a mod from VFW / ex-UM can report here in the post and request your data via PM. This can take a few days.

However, I do not know whether the Red I&P 50 Cable U is still included as a tariff in the exchange guarantee. At least at VFD / ex-KDG, the lowest tariff in this context has been the Red I&P 100 Cable for € 34.99 / month for some time. This can certainly also apply to VFW.