DSL customer service number not recognised
Mlee
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

Apologies for the English - I have been trying to get through to the DSL customer service team via the main customer service number (0800 172 1212) but can't understand the automated options fully. I understand the part where they ask me to enter my DSL customer number but when I do it says it's not recognised and I can't get any further to speak to someone.

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Jens-K
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Mlee,

as I see you already sent a private message to me.

I booked free data on your sim card.

You will receive a confirmation via SMS.

Regards,

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 Antworten 5
Jens-K

Hi Mlee,

are you sure that you are using DSL and not a cable connection?

I'm asking because there are different phone numbers for both technologies. This would explain why your phone number can not be recognized.

What is the name of your tariff and what is your zip code?

Also you can tell us why yu want to contact the hotline. Our community will help you here as well.

Regards,

Jens

Mlee
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

HI Jens,

I had initially signed up for a cable connection but the technician could not install it because the line from my cellar to apartment is damaged. So I got a new DSL contract instead and called the cable.

My customer number now begins with 0019 which I believe is a DSL customer number. The phoneline I'm trying to call is 0800 172 12 12 which is what an instore Vodafone sales rep gave me as the DSL contact line.

My problem: I was promised 50GB of data on my SIM whilst waiting for my internet connection to be installed. This was promised before agreeing to both the Cable and DSL contracts on two separate occasions - each time I was then told to call the technical helpline. The first time (with a cable contract) I got through to a technician who said he would send a text out with 50GB. This didn't happen. 

Next I tried when I had a DSL contract, but I couldn't get through to the right department and couldn't understand the German phone options. I eventually went into a Vodafone store to ask a salesrep for help, who tried to do it for me that day but who showed me that his system wasn't working. He told me to email him the next day and he would add it on. I never heard back from him after I emailed.

So now I am asking here. 

I will PM you my detail,

Thanks

Jens-K

Hi Mlee,

as I see you already sent a private message to me.

I booked free data on your sim card.

You will receive a confirmation via SMS.

Regards,

Jens

Mlee
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Got it, thank you for sorting Jens.

Next time I will save myself the mental trauma and just come on here if I have any problems.

Jens-K

Hi Mlee,

I'm glad I could help you here.

Regards,

Jens