Meintest du 

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

whatsapp call reconnecting every every 5-10 minutes on Kabel 1000 wlan
Sorabh
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi, I recently got Kabel 1000 connection. Normally it works fine for Netflix  and other connections. However problem is with "Whatsapp calling" . it starts reconnecting after every 5-10 mins and then reconnects automatically after few seconds.

I am having vodafone station router.

i already tried factory reset as well, no luck.

6 Antworten 6
ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello, Sorabh,

Does Whatsapp behave identically on your device on the mobile network or other networks?

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Sorabh
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi Fred,

Apologies for late replying.

For Mobile data connection it works perfectly fine. And also every now and then, whatsapp is switching to mobile data and i am getting notification that "Whatsapp is not able to connect to wifi, hence switching to mobile data"

Otherwise i don't see much problem with internet connection.

Really its quite irritating and i almost lost all my mobile data usage of current month.

Any help will be appreciated.

Please note: I already tried reinstalling whatsapp, also restarting router, restarting phone. 

And it happens only with vodafone kabel wifi connection, rest other wifi connections are fine.so to me it seems to be some router setting (my best guess).

ERFD

Hello, Sorabh,

Whatsapp may lose connection when switching between 2.4 and 5 GHz. Did you give both networks a separate name? Has the stored WLAN connection on your phone been deleted? Does this affect all devices in the household?

Best regards Fred

Sorabh
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Thanks Fred.

Earlier boh 2.4 and 5Ghz was activated, but with same name (no split).

Now i tried to activate split and at same time deactivate 2.4 ghz.

However i am still facing problem.

Yes, i already tried removing wifi connection and adding again. and also did a reset of network setting on my phone.

Problem is not with any other devices. its only with whatsapp ( i guess not so evident  with other mobile apps too)

Majkella
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Sorabh, I'm having exact same problems. If you find a solution, would be great if you could post it here...

ERFD

Hello, Sorabh,

please test if the problem does not occur if the encryption is inactive or the firewall on the modem is disabled. But there are no problems with the app in mobile networks? And only 5 GHz did you try? Thanks for testing.

Best regards Fred