Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Vodafone Hotspot lehnt Verbindung ab (English)
AlexReact
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello all, sorry for English in advance Smiley (zwinkernd)

I am waiting for my appartment to be connected to the permanent kabel connection in 3 weeks and before this happens I decided to use Vodefaone Hotspot with Hotspot-Tickets.

I have 2 visible Vodafone hotspots (Hotspot and Homespot) in my appartment. Both of them has perferct strength of signal, but reject to connect. However if I go 200 meters to the next house, I can connect to Vodafone spots and use Hotspot-Tickets with Macbook or my iPhone.

I tried to call to Hotspots support (0800526625) but it is impossible to connect to the operator because as far as I have recognized electronic voice helper and German speech - they need a contract number, which I do not have (I have only offer).

Could you help me how to ask Vodafone to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance and have nice Sunday.

Community-Team: Moved thread to the right board

13 Antworten 13
Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Alex,

can you please send me the Hotpot-ID?

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Dear @Wallace,

my MacBook does not show the exact ID, however Hotspotfinder APP shows nearly located IDs on a map:

• HH-9-1001684
  • HH-9-459021
  • HH-9-2531076
  • HH-9-1966421
  • HH-9-542192
  • HH-9-2949455

Could you check please and let me know if you need any additional information?

Claudia

Hello AlexReact,

it seems only some of the IDs you sent are still active. You wrote the Hotspot declines the connection, do you get an error message when this  happens? Could you please send the details from your devices, which means the exact name and the current version of the operating system?

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Dear @Claudia

please find some screenshots attached.

You can see that one of the possible reasons could be absense the IP adress via DHCP.

Device tries to get it but fallbacks.

200 meters from my house iphone and macbook connects without any problems.

System Version: macOS 10.13.6 (17G65)

IOS: 11.4 (15F79)

hotspot_errro.PNG

homespot_error.PNG

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 20.31.13.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-26 at 20.30.25.png

@Claudia,

and this is a proof that everything works fine in next house.

IP addresses assigns automatically.

May be you can just simply reload Vodafone Hotspots in my house?

next_house.PNG

next_house_login.PNG

Claudia

Hello AlexReact,

we can't simply restart modems from other customers. You wouldn't like having disconnects all the time because Hotspot users cannot connect to your Hotspot :). I would make a fault report for you, for that I will need your address and the MAC addresses of your devices. Send the details in a PM and reply here again. The last screenshot you sent is the landing page, isn't there any Hotspot ID like the one you sent in the footer?

Kind regards

Claudia

Dear @Claudia,

I have sent the MAC in PM.

Now, I do not know how to get Hotpsot ID without connection to it.

May be you can advice how and we can use it for investigation?

Hello Alex,

normally the Hotspot ID should be displayed at the login page, just like in this screenshot where I marked the ID with the box down right.

Hotspot ID LoginseiteHotspot ID Loginseite

Could you please check that again? If there isn't anything, I will make the task with the other Hotspot IDs you sent.

Kind regards

Claudia

Dear @Claudia,

I can not reach the login page without connection to the hotspot that does not not work 😃

I can send you my home address via PM so Vodafone support could ping all the active hotspots and check if they are active.