Frage

Antwort

Lösung

[English] CableMax 500 - new router received, but terrible ping and internet is hardly working...
ontonivo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello!

I have switched from Cable 200 to Cable Max 500, and have received all papers and a new router today. After having connected it to the cable, and also to my PC and WLAN devices, I have terrible ping numbers and hardly any internet connection. Can't even run any speedtests or even use the diagnostic tools on the router itself, although Router sais it is online and connected.

Can it be that the new contract is not activated yet?

And another question - shall I send the old router (Sagemcom) back to you in original package and with all the accessories?

Best regards.

12 Antworten 12
ontonivo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi again! I really need to sort it out asap! My old contaract will be terminated on the 4th of April, and I can not stay without Internet connection, as I am currently working from home.

I hgave tried to connect the new router (Vodafone Station) several times, but the result remains the same - terrible ping and the bandwidth of abt 0.06 mbit, if at all. The phone is not connecting at all. I have been waiting for abt 45 minutes, hoping it will finally work, but nothing happened.

P.S. For sending the old router back everything is clear - I have missed the info in the letter.

ontonivo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

UP! Urgent feedback required, please!

ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello ontonivo,

I'd be happy to watch your connection. Please send me your customer number, address and date of birth by private message.

Write here briefly when you have sent the data. I would also like to do a tracer and evaluate the situation.

Best regards to Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
ontonivo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

@ERFD  schrieb:

Hello ontonivo,

I'd be happy to watch your connection. Please send me your customer number, address and date of birth by private message.

Write here briefly when you have sent the data. I would also like to do a tracer and evaluate the situation.

Best regards to Fred

Hello Fred!

Many thanks for your reply! I have sent you my data via PM!

Best regards,

Anton

ontonivo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

@ERFD  schrieb:

Hello ontonivo,

Best regards to Fred

Hi Fred,

Just wanted to make sure you have received my data via PM yesterday, as I've got no feedback from you so far.

Best regaqrds,

Anton

ontonivo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Can I expect to have any kind of reply from someone?! I appreciate you are extremely busy now, but my internet connection is also quite critical for my daily work...

Best regards,

Anton.

ERFD

Hello ontonivo,

the signal at the modem itself is ok. But the box cannot be reached from here either. Did you try a factory reset? Otherwise I would like to change the modem.

The answers currently take 2-3 days. I'm sorry.

Best regards Fred

ontonivo
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

@ERFD  schrieb:

Hello ontonivo,

Best regards Fred

Thanks Fred!

Yeah, that's because I kept using my old router, as the new was not connecting to the Internet. It looks like the new contract hasn't been activated until yesterday. I have tried it yesterday again and it finally worked, but for whatever reason the connection is not as stable as it was on 200/12 tariff. I had to restart it already twice in the last 24 hours. Can you try to reach it now and let me know if everything is okay?

Best regards,

Anton

ERFD

Hello ontonivo,

probably because the new modem can handle more downstreams. Can you please keep it plugged in so I can check it. I will activate the monitoring on the modem.

Best regards Fred