Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Customer Service called and made a Giga TV cable contract . Please Terminate this Contract.
Terminate1
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

In December 2018, shortly after I secured an internet contract with Vodafone, I received a phone call from one of the customer service. His English was poor and I could hardly understand his accent.

Firstly, He asked me if my newly installed internet at my apartment was working properly and wanted to know if I was enjoying the service, of which I said yes. Then he offered to give me an additional Vodafone device. To the best of my understanding, I thought he was offering me a free package, so I agreed. Although his English and accent was poor and I could hardly make a meaning of the things he said immediately. It would take some minutes after he made a sentence for me to process the approximate meaning of what he was referring to. From what I could I  make out of the conversation, He was offering me a device to improve my internet subscription for free.

Some few days later, I received a note at my door step to come to the post office to receive a package. Because of my busy schedule at work it took me some additional days to create time off work and go to the post office to collect the package.

When I eventually collected the package and un-boxed it, It turned out to be a Vodafone GigaTV decoder enclosed with contract papers. This was not what I was expecting. I had to create time again out of my busy schedule at work and returned the package almost immediately, with an enclosed note that I was canceling and not interested in the offer.

The next month, I got an email for a charge on the device. I felt I was being charged for the one time cost (perhaps) for the logistics cost of sending the device to me, so I let it go.

Subsequently, each month I am being charged again. I tried to call the customer service to complain, but each time I did, the automated voice was in German which I cannot understand or make any meaning from and hence I couldn’t proceed beyond that point.

I had to create time to visit one of your mobile shops to explain the situation, and I was advised to write this complaint.

Sir/Madam, please note that I never requested for this service/device in the first place. If I knew this was a charged service I would NEVER had agreed to it over the phone. I have been charged for a service I never requested or used for the past 5 months. This is very wrong, unfair and unjustifiable. This is not right in every sense of the word.

I demand an outright revocation and cancelation of that contract as I cannot afford to pay for a service I do not need or use.

I am writing to you as the last option I have, and I hope you oblige my request.

Your Sad Customer,

Oti xxxxxx

Contract number: xxxxxxxx

Email: xxxxxxxxx  

Phone: xxxxxxxxxx

Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit: @Terminate1 Please do not post personal Information publicly.

Edit 2: and please select the right board, moved from "Internet, Telefon & TV über DSL"

2 Antworten 2
Stephan
Moderator:in

Hi Terminate1,

welcome to our Community.

Okay, so in summary, the whole thing looks like this to me: you made an internet contract last year. Then there was a phone call and because you couldn't understand each other well, you got the TV contract? That's what happened, by and large, back then, right?

For a closer look I need some information from you. Please send me a private message with the following information:

your name

your address

date of birth

your customer number

the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Gruß

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Stephan

Hi Terminate1,

thanks for yoiur pm.

It seems that the order for the TV package came via the technician to us who installes your internet.

At the beginning of 2019 you already wrote us a revocation for the TV package. Technically, this letter was too late, but I accept it as valid anyway.

You'll get a confirmation and the fees for TV will be credited.

Regards

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!