abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Wi-fi Router keeps on droping wi-fi network
Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi, 

I do not speak German, and I can not get passed the phone automated answering maching to reach Tech-Support.

I have been experiencing issues with my Vodafone Router. Out of the blue, the wi-fi network dissapears.

The wi-fi light on the modem/router turns off.

When this happens, if you connect via cable to the modem, and go into the settings, EVERYTHING related to the Wi-Fi is not there, that is to say, there are no wi-fi options as to manage thewifi networ.... It is as if the device looses it functionality.

Turning off- and on the device does not solve the problem. The only solucion is to do a factory reset, and then re-configure from scratch. 

If for some reason the modem looses its power conection, and restarts, this issue happens too... So it happens randomly and if you un-plug re-plug it.

The Modem is Vodafone TG3442DE. 

------

Another issue that I am experiencing with the Internet connection is that It never gets to the speed that I should have for my contract.

Hope you can help me here, since I went to the store were I got the service, and they said they could not help me there.

52 Antworten 52

@Claudia 

If there is a problem a Fritzbox will not solve it! The Arris is also capable of 1 Gbit/s

Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Claudia,

The options that you provided are not acceptable.

I have a contract for 1000Mb/s and you are currently providing 200Mb/s, so you are not holding your side of the contract. And this needs to be solved by you. I do not want (and should not) pay any extra money to get the service that I already have contracted. If you have a problem with YOUR router, then you should provide a solution for it and I should not be charged for it.

I already fell for the trick on the wifi, and had to buy my own router, but the modem that you provided is not meeting the minimum requiredment from our contract and you are providing 80% less speed that what I whould be getting. 

You should have my phone number (the one ending in 180 is mine). Feel free to call me if you want, but I need a solution from your side on this, as the contract exists already and you are not holding your side.

Cheers!'

Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Claudia, 

Please read RobertP's comments too, as he explains that it works for him. 

Thanks.

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Magcus,

as I wrote, there is a known issue that may occur with this router. What you explained with not getting more than 200 MBit/s all the time is exactly the behaviour described by the colleagues, it's not like I'm making that up to annoy you. I'm pretty sure there is no way for you right now to get the 1 GBit/s with the Arris. Aside from the two options I offered you the third one is to try and send a technician who will replace the Arris with an Technicolor router, that is also capable of the bandwidth.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Claudia, 

I am happy to take any steps necesary to get this solved. As long as it does not result in an extra charge on me.

If you think a Technitian can look into this, feel free to book a visit, I would preciate if the technitian that is sent speaks enlgish so that I can comunicate.

Cheers!'

Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

By the way, I got today some speed-tests to get to 400Mb/s... Not sure if it makes a difference towards the problem identification.

Claudia

Hello Magcus,

the technician will be free of charge for you unless the source for the low bandwidth lies within your network. Replacing the Arris with a different cable router will cost nothing in that case. Can the technician make an appointment under ***180 and can you grant him access to the house installation?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Claudia,

The technitian can call me on that number to arrange the apointment.

What do you mean by grant him access to the house installation?

Cheers!'

Claudia

Hello Magcus,

the technician will propably check the house installation and the house connection, a box that is usually located in the basement or attic. Sometimes it's an engineering room which is locked. If you're not sure, the janitor or property management can help you to provide the access.

Kind regards

Claudia

Magcus
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Claudia, 

I have access to the basement, should the box be there, we should be OK. 

In any case I just sent an email to the landlord asking about this.

Cheers!'