Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Help needed with mobile contract cancellation
yelhassani
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Dear Vodafone staff,

I want to cancel my mobile Vodafone contract because I moved back to my home country: Morocco.

I tried to do that via the meinVodafone app. However, it kept asking for a password that is in my phone contract. I believe such a password was in the initial contract that I had in 2017 (Which I lost due to moving out). However, I did extend my contract in 2019 (This contract does not have a password in it).

Next, I tried to get help by calling the support phone number. But unfortunately, I couldn't get past the answering bot since I speak no german. 

After two weeks of trial and error, I somehow managed to talk to someone from Vodafone (phone number: 0800 505 44 42). They asked me to send an email to kontakt@vodafone.com. Therefore, I sent an email describing all the details of my request. After 10 days, I got no answer. That is why I called the same number again today. The support staff with who I spoke asked me to send another email to kundenservice@vodafone.de. Unfortunately, this email doesn't exist.

That is why I found myself forced to post this message here.

Can any mod help me sort out this problem?

3 Antworten 3
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Just send a regular cancellation using the "regular" postal services in case you do not know the initial customer password anymore.

Anyhow keep in mind that there's no right for a premature cancellation - so you'll be bound to the contract until it is cancelled "normally" - so the "usual" 3 months notice period to the end of the contractual term of 24 months (or the auto-extension period of 12 months if no cancellation was submitted in time).

Thanks for your answer,

As you mentioned, I want to cancel my contract. However, I would like to avoid the regular mail option as I live in a different country. I would love to have this handled via email. Regular mail is too much of a hassle, and there's no way to tell if my letters will arrive or not.

Best regards,

Youssef.

Norman
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey yelhassani,

sorry, that you have some trouble with the cancellation. 😞

There are 2 options. 😉

1 contact form - you'll find it here 

2 send me a private message with the following data: name, adress (old one in Germany), date of birth and the last four digits of your IBAN

I'll get back to you asap.

Best regards

Norman

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!