Move in & new contract start date
malwoiniak
Rookie
Rookie
I am about to sign an internet contact through check24 with Vodafone Unitymedia.

I'm going to move in at the beginning of may, but I would like to already have the contract signed and internet connection starting the day of move, but not before.

Is there a way to prevent immediate start of the contract when finalizing my order?

Also, I have my own router that I would like to use for that connection, but starting in June only. Is it possible to replace your standard (free, supplied) Vodafone router with my Fritzbox after a month without any additional cable or other hardware / installation related issues?

Thanks a lot for your help!
1 Antwort 1
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

@malwoiniak  schrieb:
I'm going to move in at the beginning of may, but I would like to already have the contract signed and internet connection starting the day of move, but not before.

No - but as far as I know, you'll have 14 days to initially connect the router to activate the line and the contract will only start at that date your router is activated for the first time. The automatic activation is only going to apply after those 14 days have passed.

And as the beginning of May is less than a week from now, this should be ok - and keep in mind that it'll take some days for the router to arrive - if you would order today, you'll probably receive the router not before wednesday (April 28th)...

@malwoiniak  schrieb:
Also, I have my own router that I would like to use for that connection, but starting in June only. Is it possible to replace your standard (free, supplied) Vodafone router with my Fritzbox after a month without any additional cable or other hardware / installation related issues?

Yes, that is possible - if it is a "free" cable FritzBox. You will have to call Vodafone West service hotline (in German) and ask them for activation of your FritzBox using the CM MAC stated on your box.

However: Any kind of FritzBox with a built-in cable modem that has been sold at official sources - that includes currently only the following models: 6430, 6490 (only article number 2000 2778), 6590, 6591 (only article number 2000 2857) and 6660 can be activated. Any other FritzBoxes without a cable modem (especially DSL ones with a 7xxx number) or previous rental devices (FritzBox 6360, 6490 with any other article number except the 2000 2778, 6591 with any other article number than 2000 2857) are NOT going to work!