Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Bought new cable dsl connection but old provider is saying Vodafone has extended the contract
Vikasmaderna
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi team, I have recently bought your DSL connection over cable and it got activated on 13.01.2022, my old connection is with Telekom and the contract will expire on 27.01.2022(Telekom has send the letter for the same). Now suddenly yesterday on 14.01.2022 Telekom is saying that since Vodafone has again cancelled my connection, so my connection has been extended for 1 more year and now my contract expiry will be 27.01.2022, so now if I keep Vodafone contract then I need to pay Telekom and Vodafone both contract and need to pay both.

Please help me here, as I can't pay for both the connection specially when I have cancelled the Telekom contract on my own and within the specified time limit.

Need urgent help, as for Vodafonenew  contract revoke time is just 2 weeks.

Thanks,

Vikas

8 Antworten 8
Andre
Ex-Moderator:in

Hey Vikasmaderna,

could u please tell me the excact tariff you've ordered from us?
Its either internet via dsl - or via cable.

In case its a dsl contract & you've ordered us with porting your phone number, there should be no possible scenario where you pay for both contracts, since we take over the landline from the german telecom.

As long as you bring your phone number with us, your contract is most likely valid for the "Restlaufzeitprogramm" , where we provide the cable contract free of charge up to a year till your old contract is cancelled.

But my colleagues will check this out for you.

If you've chosen internet via cable, could you please tell me which federal state you are living in ?

Cheers,
Andre

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Andre,

Thanks for the reply.  My contract details are as follows:

Plan: Red Internet & Phone 250 Cable

Contract details: Kabel-Vertrag, Kunden-Nr. XXXXXXXXXXX

I really need help, as dont know what is the status of contract with Telkom, specially when they are saying Vodafone has extended the contract on my behalf, i dont know how this is possible.

Thanks,

Vikas

Edit: @Vikasmaderna Personal information removed. Send your details to the moderator via PM.  Best regards Kurtler

I have taken this connection in Munich

Hi @Andre ,

Hi @Kurtler 

Do you need any other information. I need some update by tomorrow(18.01.2022).

Thanks,

Vikas

Andre

Hey Vikasmaderna,

I've transferred your inquiry to my colleagues, since you are using a cable contract.
We will answer you as soon as possible.

Please be patient.

Cheers,
Andre

Lars
Moderator:in

Hi Vikasmaderna,

had you already canceled your contract with Telekom yourself? You have ordered the number portability from us. We have forwarded this to Telekom. However, this request must not change your termination date. Please contact Telekom with your request. We are not allowed to do this because you are the contractual partner of Telekom.

Best regards

Lars

Hi @Lars ,

As i have mentioned in my starting request, Telekom is saying that Vodafone has requested to extended the contract on my behalf, as you requested for number portability. Due to this my contract will get extended for another 1yr.

Regarding cancellation, yes i have already cancelled the contract and have also send you the cancellation letter which i received from Telekom.

So this is the confusion, i have called your Customer care also and they told me to send the Telekom cancellation letter which i received and remaining things you will handle.

Hope you understand my situation, as if the Telekom contract is running and since i have taken your contract too. In this case i need to pay to both of you, so i need to cancel one of you.

If all this issue is happening due to number portability, please cancel that request and give me some new number.

I am again attaching you the Telekom cancellation letter which i have received.

Thanks,

Vikas

Edit: attachment with personal data deleted. Lars

Lars

Hi Vikas,

from a legal point of view, we are not allowed to extend your contract. This statement by Telekom is incorrect. They are also not allowed to ignore your cancellation and simply set a new date. However, you can only clarify this with Telekom. We do not receive any information, as we are not the contractual partner. The correct thing would be for Telekom to send us a corrected termination date.

Best regards

Lars