Received no Activation letter
AkashAntony
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi all,

I am trying to add my Vodafone DSL contract to my account. However, I have not received any activation code with the router.  I have tried requesting a new activation code through the portal, but have not received anything in my mailbox or e-mail.  Can someone please help me get my activation code so I can add the cable contract to my account to check my bills?

Thank you!

Regards,

Akash Antony

Edit: @AkashAntony moved from Cable- to DSL-Board.

14 Antworten 14
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

If you have a DSL contract, you will receive the welcome letter with all the data by email. Then you are on the wrong board, this is about internet, telephone and TV over the cable TV network.
So I'm going to assume that you have ordered a cable internet connection. You then have to add this as such in MeinVodafone and note whether you are a customer of Vodafone West in North Rhine-Westphalia, Hesse or Baden Württemberg or of Vodafone Germany in the rest of Germany.
At Vodafone West, the order confirmation is sent by letter after the cable router has been dispatched, which can take a few days. There is also no activation code here.
At Vodafone Germany everything is in the package with the cable router in the welcome folder.

Hi Torsten,

I am sorry, I wrote it on the wrong page. I have a DSL connection and I am from Munich. I have got the Router and internet connection 1 week back and I have still not received the activation letter for starting myvodafone account. Could you tell me how many days it could take for it.

Regards,

Akash Antony

Where is your router connected, to the telephone socket or the TV cable socket?
How did you set up the router? Simply connected is not enough with DSL, the router must be set up with the MIC or the access data and these are in the welcome letter, which also includes the online registration code.
And if you do have a cable internet contract, you have to add it to MeinVodafone as a cable contract, as there is no online registration code, only the activation code (also used for the activation of your own device), which is also included in the order confirmation.

Hi Torsten,

The router is connected to the DSL box in the room. and I received the MIC  for the router in my SMS, but I did not receive anything else with the router box. I am unable to receive any activation code. Kindly help.

Regards,

Akash Antony

Have you checked your email account in the meantime? With DSL, the order confirmation with all access data is only sent by email. Unfortunately, the email ends up in the spam folder of many providers.
If nothing has arrived there either, you unfortunately have to wait until a mod reports here in the post and requests your data. However, this currently takes a few days.

Hi Torsten,

The store person created a contract for me with a wrong email id and I am not sure if he corrected it. I haven't received any emails from Vodafone regarding my contract. I have checked daily for mails even in SPAM. The hotline also doesn't help. I guess I would have to wait for the moderator to help to solve this issue.

Regards,

Akash

Jens-K
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi Akash,

I will send the letter again.

Please send me a private message with your name, customer number, customer password and the correct e-mail address.

Regards,

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi Jen-K,

What is meant by customer password?

Regards,

Akash Antony

You set the customer password yourself when you signed the contract. It serves to legitimize you to customer service.