(English) No internet connection
CatalinB
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi! I have a new internet subscription (500 mbs) from Vodafone. Unfortunatelly, after installing the WLAN router, there is no internet connection. Does anyone know how long it takes for the subscription to be activated? I made the contract on the 17th of September.

Thanks! Catalin

Edit @CatalinB: Moved from DSL to Kabel board. Jens

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi CatalinB,

the technician will try to call you again tomorrow. They will arrange an appointment. I'm sorry for the delay Smiley (traurig)

It's not possible to activate it remotely.

From the 19th of September you had 14 days to cancel. You are still in the revocation period.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

14 Antworten 14
Claudia

Hello CatalinB,

it may take up to 48 hours until the installation is completed. What is the status of the lights on the router? Can you reach the GUI of the device?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hello Claudia,

Thank you for your message. What do you mean with 48 hours installation? (of what?) The red internet LED is blinking. I have not tried to reach the GUI of the router as I was told over the phone that it is basically just plug and play. Is there something that I need to do, also? besides just power and connection.

In the meantime I managed to get in contact with the Vodafone cutomer service. I was not aware that I need to wait for an email that tells me when the service has started. I was told it should happen today or tomorrow - so hoping it comes tomorrow now...

Later edit: Yes, I can reach the GUI of the WLAN box. Should I do any settings there? Still no email or internet...

Claudia

Hello CatalinB,

I meant the installation of the modem. There are certain settings that need to be transferred. If you can reach the modem that means that it seems to be functional at least. You don't have to change anything. If you followed the steps in the installation guide or this video everything should work. But maybe the self installation didn't function, to check this I will need the following data from you:

- date of birth

- customer number

- address

- MAC address of the router

- phone number

Send the details in a private message and reply here again.

Kind regards,

Clauda

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Claudia,

I sent you a PM with the requested info. Thank you for your help!

Update: I have received a couple of hours ago the email which says to plug my router and enjoy my connection. Still no internet.... Thanks!

ERFD

Hello, CatalinB,

I've informed my colleagues. They will call you and make an appointment. Do you have a mobile phone number where you can be reached easily? Please send me a private message.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
CatalinB
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Fred,

I just sent over my details, including my phone number. Thanks!

Catalin

Hi Vodafone,

I got called this morning, but the caller hang up imediatelly. I tried calling back, but I get the message that there is no technician available to answer.

My ticket has now the status "resolved", but I still do not have internet. I went back through all the tutorials and I am positive I have followed them correctly.

Can I get some help, please?

With kind regards,

Catalin Bunduc