(English) No internet connection
CatalinB
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi! I have a new internet subscription (500 mbs) from Vodafone. Unfortunatelly, after installing the WLAN router, there is no internet connection. Does anyone know how long it takes for the subscription to be activated? I made the contract on the 17th of September.

Thanks! Catalin

Edit @CatalinB: Moved from DSL to Kabel board. Jens

14 Antworten 14
Jens
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello Catalin,

your phone number looks not like a german number. Is it right?
Did you have a german (mobile) number? If yes, sent it in a pm.

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
CatalinB
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Jens, 

You are correct, I do not have a German phone number yet as I just moved in. I was told on the phone when I closed the contract that it does not matter.

I was called twice by the Vodafone technical services and the caller hung up imediatelly. I do not believe that my foreign phone number is the problem here! I can easily be reached by other German numbers - such as the Vodafone Sales Team.

Can you please confirm that I have 14 days (from contracting date) to cancel the contract? Considering that I actually do not have a working connection nor any kind of explanation, I think this will be my next step. 

Thank you!

Regards,

Catalin

Another day, another call from Vodafone that hung up immediatelly after I answer. In the meantime I managed to find a German speaking person to call the hotline for me. I was assured that the internet will work in the afternoon, that it will activate itself by 13:00 o'clock. 

It seems that every time I can get in contact with Vodafone Customer Service/Technical Service/Forum I get a different answer, and everytime I'm told that tomorrow or a bit later it will work.

Still no internet....

pRo-Marco
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi CatalinB,

the technician will try to call you again tomorrow. They will arrange an appointment. I'm sorry for the delay Smiley (traurig)

It's not possible to activate it remotely.

From the 19th of September you had 14 days to cancel. You are still in the revocation period.

Kind regards

Marco

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Thank you! Finally, I was able to make an appointment with a technician on short notice and the problem was fixed. The box in my apartment had a fault.

Thank you for your help!