Still getting billed for a cancelled contract
Farah92
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello Vodafone team,

I have canceled my contract in October but 4 months later I am still getting billed. I was told I would be billed for only a maximum of 3 months because I had canceled my contract prematurely, as I relocated outside Germany.

If you could kindly let me know what I can do from my end at this point to clarify the situation.

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Thomas
Moderator:in

Hi Farah92,

the contract is terminated as of 07.01.2020 There is a credit of 24,19 Euro on your customer account. So nothing will be charged anymore.

Grüße

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

7 Antworten 7
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

A) Did you (already) provide official proof of that relocation, e.g. the so called "Abmeldebescheinigung"?

B) When did you move out of Germany? Because the Relocation time DOES matter - the 3 months start from the moment your relocation announcement is received by Vodafone, but the earliest with the day you relocate. And you have to provide official proof of relocation in time in order that your cancellation is processed correctly.

And third one:

January is only 3 months after October and not 4! If you cancelled at the End of October, your contract runs until End of January!

Hello and thank you for your answer.

Regarding the mentioned points : 

Yes, I provided all the proof, I missed one paper and then later sent it in.

I relocated end of September, so it's been 4 months not 3. The cancellation was supposed to take effect from beginning of October.

Thomas

Hi Farah92,

let's take a look. Send me your customer number, name, date of birth and address in a private message.

Regards

Thomas

Private message sent.

Thank you!

Thomas

Hi Farah92,

the contract is terminated as of 07.01.2020 There is a credit of 24,19 Euro on your customer account. So nothing will be charged anymore.

Grüße

Thomas

Thank you for looking into the issue! One more question though please regarding the credit - what does that exactly mean? Since I am no longer a vodafone customer, is that credited to my bank?

Thomas

Hi Farah92,

right, the credit will be transferred to your bank account.

Regards

Thomas