Frage

Antwort

Lösung

No internet connection - new Vodafone customer (English)
name12345
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan
  • In welchem Bundesland wohnst Du? 
    Berlin
  • Welchen Vertrag hast Du? (z.B. Internet + Telefon 100)
    Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable
  • Welches Modem/ Router nutzt Du? (z.B. Hitron)
    Vodafone Station CGA4233DE
  • Nutzt Du ein Leih-Gerät von uns oder hast Du ein eigenes Gerät?
    Leihgerät
  • Welcher Fehler tritt auf? (Geschwindigkeit zu gering; Packetloss) Schicke dazu auch Screenshots von Speedtests (mit Datum und Uhrzeit) und Tracerts/ Pingplotter-Messungen bei Packetloss oder Ping-Problemen
    No internet connection
  • Wie ist Dein Endgerät mit dem Modem verbunden? (LAN; WLAN; zusätzlicher Router; PowerLAN)
    LAN and WLAN
  • Welchen Browser verwendest Du normalerweise? (z.B. Firefox)
    Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Edge
  • Welches Betriebssystem hast Du auf Deinem Rechner? (z.B. Windows)
    Windows 10 and macOS Mojave
  • Beginn und Zeitraum der Störung (z.B: seit Anfang April; nur am Abend)
    From the start when I first connected the router

Sorry for English post here, but seems like Vodafone in Germany do not provide any technical support in English as the technical customer service stated to me. I recently moved to a new apartment and setting up my internet, which would have been the same as the previous tenant had - Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable. As the previous tenant router was turned off yesterday and sent back to Vodafone, I received mine which I am not able to connect to any internet.

All the lights on the router are correct, tried all the troubleshoot steps more than once but I have no internet connection, both with the internet cable nor wifi, and this with my windows pc, macbook and iphone. Troubleshooting from PC says that DNS is unavailable for the connection. 

Already sent out a request to cancel my contract and will try some other internet provider, since it's cost free to end it(14 days notice period for a new customer) and the company does not provide any English customer support, not even able to ask them to send a technician. Since this contract cancelation request is still in progress(weekend ahead), was hoping if anyone here has experienced similar issues with the router that might could be useful so I could fix it myself.

Once again, sorry for the English.

Regads

2 Antworten 2
Kieferer
Host-Legende
Host-Legende

I understand your frustration with the language, but I would like to ask you to consider this:

There are at least 70 million native speakers of German living in Germany. 
The remaining 11 million have Turkish, Polish, Italian, Greek, Romanian, Russian, Bulgarian and a very few, about 220000, English as their mother tongue. The english mother tongue is therefore a minority in germany.
The assimilated non-German speakers mostly understand German. A small percentage, mostly refugees, speak no German at all.

The call centers of VF 1st level support are outsourced and employ people at low wages. Expecting English language skills from these employees is almost impossible. Sometimes their German is so bad that even I don't understand what the VF agent wants.

Don't expect to find English speaking support. Can be, but does not have to be.

It makes more sense to set up a Turkish hotline than an English one.Smiley (zwinkernd)

About your problem.

Would be nice to see your docsis values.
As a temporary solution you can try to set 8.8.8.8 as DNS server in your PC LAN adapter.

Userban wg. wiederholter Missachtung der Forenregeln. Gruß, das Mod-Team

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello name12345,

it's possible a technician will have to set up the line at your place. If you want to try that please send a PM with the following details:

- your name

- full address

- birth date of the contract owner

- customer number

- mobile number for the appointment.

Please reply here again afterwards. Can you grant the technician access to the house installation? Are there symptoms in your household that might be linked to Covid-19?

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!