Termination of contract
Jordan01
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Hi there,

I'm a Vodafone customer for 3 years, I have a normal contract which I like to terminate because I'm moving out of my apartment..
I don't have any kind of binding agreement, therefore I don't expect very long notice period like 3 months.

Could you help me about terminating my contract?

Best regards

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

A contract runs for 24 months and has a notice period of 3 months at the end of the term. Without timely termination, the contract is always extended by 12 months and must be terminated no later than 3 months before the end of the term.
If you are already in a further extension, the termination takes effect for you at the end of the term or, if the service cannot be offered at the new place of residence, with a special termination with 3 months' notice period.
If you are from the VFD / ex-KDG area, then cancel using the contact form/ relocation service in MeinVodafone, making sure to select the cable contract, in the area of ​​VFW / ex-UM (North Rhine-Westphalia, Hesse or Baden-Württemberg)

you can write an email.

Edit: Kontakt augebessert (Umzugsservice verlinkt)

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

13 Antworten 13
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

A contract runs for 24 months and has a notice period of 3 months at the end of the term. Without timely termination, the contract is always extended by 12 months and must be terminated no later than 3 months before the end of the term.
If you are already in a further extension, the termination takes effect for you at the end of the term or, if the service cannot be offered at the new place of residence, with a special termination with 3 months' notice period.
If you are from the VFD / ex-KDG area, then cancel using the contact form/ relocation service in MeinVodafone, making sure to select the cable contract, in the area of ​​VFW / ex-UM (North Rhine-Westphalia, Hesse or Baden-Württemberg)

you can write an email.

Edit: Kontakt augebessert (Umzugsservice verlinkt)

Hi Torsten,

Thanks for the details, it helps big time. Just to make sure, I'll explain situation a bit in detail.
I'm moving out og my apartment at the end of the month in Hamburg and I don't have a new one.
I do NOT want to move connection if I ever get an apartment. I just don't want this contract anymore regadless of where I live. I'm teeling this to make sure the form I'll be filling is not about moving my connection to somewhere else.

To sumup: I just want to cancel my contract because I don't want it anymore, by respecting to 3 months notice period of course.
Should I use the same form for this?

Cheers,

Hi @Torsten,

Thanks for the details, it helps big time. Just to make sure, I'll explain situation a bit in detail.
I'm moving out og my apartment at the end of the month in Hamburg and I don't have a new one.
I do NOT want to move connection if I ever get an apartment. I just don't want this contract anymore regadless of where I live. I'm teeling this to make sure the form I'll be filling is not about moving my connection to somewhere else.

To sumup: I just want to cancel my contract because I don't want it anymore, by respecting to 3 months notice period of course.
Should I use the same form for this?

Cheers

In the case of homelessness, the moving service will not bring you anything. Then you can only submit a written cancellation and then submit the de-registration certificate, then your contract will be terminated with the statutory period of 3 months.

@Torsten I think in Germany you can not  de-registration unless you're moving abroad.

Regardless of moving situation, can't I just end my current contract?
Do I have to do it by post?

You are even required to log out if you do not have an apartment. You must have a postal address at which you can be reached. You can find more details e.g. under this link. This will also give you a postal address and a de-registration certificate.
You can of course cause the termination at the end of the term, but for you the special termination according to §46 TKG would be more likely.

@Torsten Ok I've found a WG where I will register a new address. Apartment already has internet therefore we don't need it mine.
How do I cancel my contract now?

What did you not understand about the fact that a termination is only possible in the event of technical unavailability? If there is a cable connection in the shared apartment, your connection will move with you. If none is available, the contract will be terminated with the statutory 3-month period.
You have to report the move, there is no other way. When that is done, you can cancel the contract at the end of the term.

Stephan
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi Jordan01

if we ignore the whole thing with the move and you just want to cancel your contract, please do so using this form.

The contract will then be terminated at the end of the agreed term.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!