Moving Cable or DSL
Mike63
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Dear Vodafone Support,

I've been in contact with your helpdesk yesterday as we will be moving to a new house. During the call your operator told me she could see that we have access to cable internet, however, that we should check with the landlord or in the building to see if cable is really there. 

The landlord has replied that she thinks it's a standard DSL connection. However, today I went to the apartment building to double check the basement and found that there is actually a cable connection from Vodafone with an amplifier and splitter. That being said, only two antenna cables were connected to the splitter (of which one labeled Untergeschoss) so I am still doubtful if the cables are actually going into our apartment. 

Now I have called with your helpdesk today and explained the situation. Your operator told me that there should not be any problem, and as soon as we receive the new router we should just attach it to the cable and everything should work. 

I'm still doubtful because I now believe that cable is available in the building but that it does not reach our apartment. 

Is there any way I can find out if the cable is really connected? With homeoffice I can't afford being without Internet. 

Thanks,

Mike

1 Antwort 1
Grit
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Mike63,

unfortunately, we can not see more than the colleagues. The system does not show how the wiring in the house was installed by the landlord. Also, any changes, for example, during renovations, are not visible in the system.

An on-site inspection will not take place if you have not made a contract or an order. A technician will only come out if there is an order and the installation fails.

Regards

Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!