Please replace my router
SimonSI
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi!

Since recently my router behaves badly. Miserable speed, constant disconnects, I have to reboot it sometimes every 15 mins or so. I tried "reset to factory defaults" thing but it didn't seem to help much. Also 5Ghz part is not working at all. So I'm pretty sure that the device is the issue here because it worked fine when it arrived. So please let me know how do we arrange the replacement.

Thank you!

19 Antworten 19
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

Please check if the issues also occur if you are using a wired network connection.

Due to the nature of wireless networks, there might be issues just due to the fact that there are other networks around - nothing that Vodafone would have any chance to fix (even if they would swap the router).

Hi reneromann!

Unfortunately I don't have devices that have ethernet. I also checked with Wifi Analyzer to make sure the channels do not overlap with existing networks. Also the fact that 5Ghz part of the system is not working makes me think it is still the router issue. I mean I pay for 1Gbit but I only get 30 Mbits or smth on 2.4 with disconnects, despite earlier I had 400 Mbits on 5Ghz stable.

T-Jay
Ex-Moderator:in
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello SimonSI,

it ist possible to arrange a replacement with the responsible department, named "Austauschservice". Please contact the customer care service (08001721212) and they will put you through the "Austauschservice". You will need the serial number (IMEI).

Best regards,

T-Jay

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

@T-Jay  schrieb:

Hello SimonSI,

it ist possible to arrange a replacement with the responsible department, named "Austauschservice". Please contact the customer care service (08001721212) and they will put you through the "Austauschservice". You will need the serial number (IMEI).

seems that this thread is about a cable router problem, are you sure that "Austauschservice" will work for such devices?

seems you are talking about GigaCube (LTE) or similar

SimonSI
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi T-Jay, thanks for your reply.

I tried to call customer service before posting here, but I unfortunately cannot get past a german-speaking robot. Are there maybe any alternative ways we could arrange that?

Thanks.

SimonSI
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi RobertP, you are right, I'm talking about the cable router.

@SimonSI  schrieb:

I mean I pay for 1Gbit but I only get 30 Mbits or smth on 2.4 with disconnects, despite earlier I had 400 Mbits on 5Ghz stable.

You won't get 1 GBit/s using WiFi - 1 GBit/s is only achieved using the wired connection -- and nobody promised you anything else. Same for disconnects from the WiFi signal - as there are too many reasons for such disconnects that are out of hand from Vodafone (and other ISPs), no ISP does promise you any minimum speed achievable through WiFi nor do they promise you that WiFi will be stable.

Hi reneromann. If you read my message carefully, you'll probably notice that I earlier had 5Ghz band working and I was getting 400Mbit on wifi stable. This is not the case anymore. Is there anyone on this forum who is solution oriented and will not tell me how wrong I am with my judjement? This stupid router blocks me from work constantly and if it is aproblem to replace it, I'll maybe just replace a provider altogether. What a wonderful service.

regarding 5Ghz not working try a complete factory reset:
press and hold reset button with a paperclip for 20 sec

wait for another 5 min until the router is up and ready again