contract Termination
vamsy
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi

I already moved from Germany on DEC 19th 2019 to Ireland. As part of it I notified you via letter and also delivered my router to the below address

Vodafone Kabel Deutschland
c / o DHL Paket
Am Tower 222
90475 Nürnberg

However I could still see my termination status as "in processing" Already you have debited from my account in the month of January and you ready to do for February also

Customer number. ***
End of contract:04/11/2021
Contract number:***
Termination Status:in processing

Please do the needful and let me know if you need any details from my end.
Also I took Vodafone as the service provider in Ireland and my contact details are +***

Router courier details (Dispatched)

Consignment number ***

Date / time place status
Wed , 08.01.20 14:09 The sender delivered the consignment to the branch.
Wed , 08.01.20 18:46 Wet The shipment has arrived in the region of the
recipient and will be transported to the delivery
base in the next step.
Wed , 08.01.20 23:55 The shipment was delivered to business customers
directly from the parcel center.

Edited personal data / LG, Su

11 Antworten 11
Díaz_de_Vivar
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

Hi @vamsy , you have to pay 3 months after leaving Germany. This is due to German law.

Next thing:

I hope you have NOT sent your cancellation letter to that Address in Nuremberg as this is only a warehouse processing device returns and NOT the customer service. They cannot process any cancellation requests!

Your cancellation letter has to be sent to the Erfurt address - and should include a copy of your deregistration letter as official proof of movement. Please note that the 3 months that @Díaz_de_Vivar already noted begin by the date  your cancellation request is received by Vodafone (but not before you relocate).

Tina
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello vamsy,

nice to see you.

Even if you leave Germany the contract won’t end with the date of your move. Due to German law the contract will end three months after the leaving date.

In your customer portal under "Meine Dokumente" you should find the cancellation confirmation. Have you checked there?

Best regards

Tina

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hi ,

I already sent a letter to erfurt on NOV 4th with all the details that I am leaving Germany. I came to know from forums that as per German law I need to pay 3 months after initiating contract termination which I did.

But now interestingly I could see even in 4th month the money has been debited from my account. I don't know what else should I do. This is really annoying and pathetic.

Please help me on the same. I already moved to Ireland and even took vodafone here. if you want any proofs I can show you up. 

Again:

The 3 months begin with the initial information that you relocate - but NOT before your relocation.

So in your case -if you informed Vodafone about relocation before you did AND already sent a copy of the deregistration notice- the 3 months period would start on Dec. 19th 2019 - and thus the contract will end on Mar 19th 2020 [taken that your dates are correct].

There is a catch here.

Firstly I have sent a letter to vodafone (Erfurt) on Nov 4th.

And we left Germany on DEC 18th however I forgot to do de-registration.

I have sent my router to Nuremberg on Jan 7th.

And the de-registration at the Neustadt an der Aisch office has been done on MAR 10th.

May I know which date will the take in to Account? If you say MAR 10th then it real hurts.

If you've done the deregistration right now and the deregistration letter states that you've left Germany on March 10th, then it's obviously (and for you sadly) 3 months from that date.

Grit

Hello vamsy,

Tina asked you a question, but you didn't respond.

Did you provide proof of leaving the country?

The question is also, did you just quit your job or report a real move? Even if you are leaving Germany, you have to report a move and state the new address. If you have only given notice, the contract runs until the end of the term.

Regards

Grit

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
vamsy
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

I Moved out from Germany to Ireland on DEC-2019 but I have sent a letter asking to terminate my contract on NOV-4-2019 hence as per the guidelines I have to pay 3 months which I did (JAN,FEB and MAR). So my contract should get terminated yesterday. But still I could see the status as " in processing". I didn't sent any letter related to de-registration. Because I just intimated to office and I didn't get any copy of the same