High ping and slow internet
GHDH
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,
I have really bad internet connection and high ping in gaming since I moved to new apartment, I had DSL 16 before without any issues . Vodafone offered cable internet so I took  Cable 200 offer and the internet since then has been really terrible.
From about 16:00 H to 24:00 from Monday to Frieday , 12:00 to 24:00 on Saturday or Sunday ping spikes , slow internet even going off and not having internet for sometime and that happens everyday since I got cable.
Somedays even at 8 9 in the morning I have same issues.
I use internet thru lan and I have tested it while connected to the PC and its the same issue.
Website like twitch and netflix keeps loading and freezing , in games Leauge of legends and CS GO I have ping from 180-300 constantly ( Included picture from game and pingplotter to the server).
It's hasn't been an enjoyable experience. I factory restarted the router couple times tried everything but the issue remains. I included pings to google.de and heise.de and pingplotter to EU league of legends server.
And lastley to mention that I can't even connect to Whatsapp or Facebook messenger calls it just goes out every 30 secs.
Thanks

20 Antworten 20
GHDH
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Wallace ,
Yes the problems occur normally in the evening , the internet issue starts at about 16:00 or 17:00 til 23:00 or 24:00 on working days from Mo-Fr and on Saturday- Sunday at about 12:00 or 13:00 til 23:00 or 24:00 .
The problem starts  steadily  at about lets sat 16:00 and it grinds from 15 ping and 180mbps and reaches peak at 20:00 or 21:00 with 250 ping and 40 mbps and keeps being really bad til 23:00 and slowly begins to get back to normal. The worst peak is at Sunday (I attached a speedtest from sunday) it gets as worst as it could be 20 mbps speed with like 400 ping.

Jens
Administrator:in

Hello GHDH,

for the problem in the evening we have already deposited a trouble ticket with you. Therefore no technician needs to come out to you.

Regards
Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
GHDH
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Jens,
First of all i got an answer from you colleges about the issue and they stated "we don't know the problem yet".
It's been almost 3 months now looking for the issue and they came up with nothing , the issue is presentable daily its not like 1 time or 2 times a week. I get home from work at 19:00 by then the internet is so bad that I captured it with download speed of less than 1 mb for 5 hours , currently I m using my phone 4G network to do my work .
I didn't sign for home network with promised good speeds and stability to work on my phones network and my family can't use even youtube , netflix or make whatsapp calls the internet is constantly disconnecting .
With such unreliable internet I think its time to look at this issue more seriously , I don't think that's acceptable to wait almost 6 month without you even do anything , your internet is useless for me my internet use is at afternoons and I can't even use it I find  that totally unacceptable.
So I would like to request a contract termination , so I can find a internet provider that atleast know how to fix it's issues.
( I included a speedtest taken at 20:00)
Regards

Jens

Hello GHDH,

we know the issue and it's a capacity problem. We're doing a line upgrade to fix that.

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
GHDH
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

@Jens  schrieb:

Hello GHDH,

we know the issue and it's a capacity problem. We're doing a line upgrade to fix that.

Regards

Jens

Hi Jens,

And when the issue gonna be fixed.

Right now I m typing from my phone internet since morning hours I don't have internet (its 12.26 right now) can you give me an estimate to when the issue gonna be resolved?

Thanks

Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi,

According to current planning, the work should be completed in September of these years.

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
GHDH
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello ,
So it will take about 7 month .. 
Do you offer more than 16 mbps dsl on my street ?
Thanks

Wallace

Hi,

at your address there is unfortunately only a maximum of 16MBit/s via DSL. I can give you a credit from January to August inclusive. Is that okay?

Regards

Wallace

GHDH
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Wallace 
Yeah the credit will be fine , if there is nothing to be done other than waiting.
Thanks in advance

Wallace

Hi GHDH,

the credit note should appear on the next invoice. I'm afraid I can only ask for your patience until the finishing touches are complete.  

VG Wallace