High packet loss - 1000 Cable - Berlin
Pindulfo1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I'm having periods of very high packet loss on my connection.

I have an Internet & Phone 1000 Cable plan

- The Router is a TG3442DE (leased from Vodafone), in BridgeMode.
- High packet loss: 1- 5%
- Low bandwidth: 450Mbps down / <1Mbps up. (as per fast.com)
- Local LAN traffic is Ok. No packetloss, no bottlenecks.
- All test have been done on cabled devices, directly to router. (no WLAN)
- The network configuration does not change during these periods, which suggest an external factor.

linuxserver.iolinuxserver.iotelefonica.detelefonica.degoogle.comgoogle.com

5 Antworten 5
Pindulfo1
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

This is still happening, almost constantly as the current image shows:
google.comgoogle.com

After reading the last few weeks topics in this forum it is pretty clear that this is a widespread issue. 

Unless a rebelious army of squirrels attacked all the Vodafone cables in Germany, I find it hard to believe that the problem relies on each building, on each modem. I'll be happy to provide further details, do more tests, if your goal is to stall a formal complain or a more than jusitfied price reduction.

Nevertheless, I'm only interested in knowing what is being done to fix this subpar connectivity and when would it be repaired.

By the way, I feel insulted every time I open your mobile app and read this:

"...it insults my intelligence""...it insults my intelligence"

I have the same problem... It keeps jumping like crazy whenether i play csgo or sth it drops packets heavily,sometimes its okay like for 1-2 minutes and then its the same issue.

Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello Pindulfo1,

did you try and contact the hotline? Does the problem occur regardless of the time of day? Please send a pingplotter screenshot to one of the services where you noticed the packetloss. Use 2.5 seconds as the Intervall.

Kind regards,

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Hi Claudia,

As you can see periods vary across time and day. Here you have a plot of the same ten days to different locations and services.

* 20 pings / 300s (1 ping every 15s).
* Greens is good: 0% packet loss. Anything else is bad.

Every time I've opened a ticket in the hotline it is automatically closed after a few days for no reason, the process repeats until one of us get tired. Usually me, since there seems to be a bot in the Vodafone side...

smokeping.png

ERFD

Hello Pindulfo1,

We will be happy to take a look at your connection and the problem. Please send us the customer number, name incl. address and date of birth of the contract holder by private message.

Write here briefly when the data has been sent. Currently it takes a few days until we are back in the post 😞

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!