Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Support with Partnercard + phone + phone number takeover
antonkoh
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Hello,

I already have a contract with Vodafone and I would like to use the Angebot of ordering a Red+ SIM card for my partner, as well as including the actual Smartphone device into the order and making sure that he can keep his current phone number that he has with WinSim.

This seems like a complex procedure for us, especially since our German skills are not so perfect, and I am afraid to  f*ck it up at some important stage or misunderstand the conditions:) I would like to ask support/guidance through this process.

So I have several questions.

1. Do I understand correctly that Red+ for the partner means that we will have both SIM cards with different numbers attached to my profile and both use the same priviliges of my current tarif (which is Red XS + GigaKombi) + some additional GBs added on top for the additional SIM card?

2. In terms of payment, do I understand correctly that the tarif price increases by 20 Eur?

3. If we also order a Smartphone for my partner, do I understand correctly that the additional monthly payment  for the smartphone (let's say +25 Eur) is only due for the length of the contract (24 months) and then we go back to regular tarif payments? So for 24 months we will be paying my current payments + 45 euros and after 24 months it would be back to current+20?

4. I already found this form that allows us to cancel his current contract with WinSim. What would be the next steps to make the order for Red+ at Vodafone and correctly take over the old number from WinSim?

Thank you!

Anton

9 Antworten 9
ttwa2011
SuperUser
SuperUser

Hello @antonkoh !

@antonkoh  schrieb:

1. Do I understand correctly that Red+ for the partner means that we will have both SIM cards with different numbers attached to my profile and both use the same priviliges of my current tarif (which is Red XS + GigaKombi) + some additional GBs added on top for the additional SIM card?

Yes. 

@antonkoh  schrieb:

2. In terms of payment, do I understand correctly that the tarif price increases by 20 Eur?

You can order a Red+ Allnet Basic for €10 per month Sim Only with 5GB data volume included. In addition, data volume can be allocated from the main card.

Alternatively, there is the Red+ Allnet for €20 per month Sim Only with10 GB data volume included. In addition, data volume can be allocated from the main card.

Bookable online here

Note that the conditions of the Red+ card only apply as long as the main card exists. If the main card is cancelled, a remaining Red+ Allnet/Allnet Basic card will be switched to the Gigamobil S tariff for €39.99 per month

@antonkoh  schrieb:

3. If we also order a Smartphone for my partner, do I understand correctly that the additional monthly payment  for the smartphone (let's say +25 Eur) is only due for the length of the contract (24 months) and then we go back to regular tarif payments? So for 24 months we will be paying my current payments + 45 euros and after 24 months it would be back to current+20?

If the contract has not been terminated and you no longer need a smartphone after 24 months, you must actively switch to the Sim only version of the Red+ Allnet. The minimum term of 24 months restarts with the change.

@antonkoh  schrieb:

4. I already found this form that allows us to cancel his current contract with WinSim. What would be the next steps to make the order for Red+ at Vodafone and correctly take over the old number from WinSim?

You order the desired Red+ Allnet contract online. You will then receive a SIM card with a temporary phone number. Insert this SIM card into a smartphone and enter your temporary phone number here. You will then receive an SMS code that you enter on the page to request the number portability. If you want to transfer your phone number before the end of the contract, you have to request an opt-in from Win Sim.

@ttwa2011  Thank you for the detailed answer, this is very helpful!
Could you please clarify something for me?

> If the contract has not been terminated and you no longer need a smartphone after 24 months, you must actively switch to the Sim only version of the Red+ Allnet.

This sentence is a little confusing to me. I was under the impression that after 24 months run out, the smartphone belongs to the customer. Am I wrong? What happens if in the end of the contract we still want to keep this smartphone? Do we need to keep paying the addifional fee for it then?

> You can order a Red+ Allnet Basic for €10 per month Sim Only with 5GB data volume included. In addition, data volume can be allocated from the main card. 

Thank you for pointing me to this tarif, I didn't realize it's there. So basically the only difference of Red+ Allnet Basic and Red+ Allnet is the price and amount of GB included, did I understand correctly?  

@antonkoh 

@antonkoh  schrieb:

> If the contract has not been terminated and you no longer need a smartphone after 24 months, you must actively switch to the Sim only version of the Red+ Allnet.

This sentence is a little confusing to me. I was under the impression that after 24 months run out, the smartphone belongs to the customer.

That's correct. The smartphone is yours. Even after 24 months.

The statement referred to the fact that the tariff with a smartphone option will not automatically be switched to the tariff variant without a smartphone option after 24 months, regardless of whether you claim a new smartphone or not. If you do not want to get a new smartphone again after 24 months, you must actively request the switch to Sim Only. Only then does the monthly smartphone co-payment no longer apply.

@antonkoh  schrieb:

> You can order a Red+ Allnet Basic for €10 per month Sim Only with 5GB data volume included. In addition, data volume can be allocated from the main card. 

Thank you for pointing me to this tarif, I didn't realize it's there. So basically the only difference of Red+ Allnet Basic and Red+ Allnet is the price and amount of GB included, did I understand correctly?  

Yes.

@ttwa2011 

Thank you so much for the explanation.

One more question. 2 days ago I already made an order for Red+ Allnet and smartphone, but now that I know about Red+ Allnet Basic, I would prefer to have it instead. Is it possible now to have it switched through a customer support agent on this forum? Or do I need to go through the Wiederruf process? If so, would I have to return the smartphone as well, as it is part of the same order, and make a fully new order with corrected details?

Thank you!

@antonkoh 

@antonkoh  schrieb:

@ttwa2011 

Or do I need to go through the Wiederruf process? If so, would I have to return the smartphone as well, as it is part of the same order, and make a fully new order with corrected details?

Yes. 

You must cancel your first order here online within 14 days of receiving the smartphone. If the smartphone has not yet been shipped, you can also try to have the order canceled directly through customer service.

Which smartphone did you order?

Before canceling, I would compare the total costs for the Red+ Allnet with smartphone and the Red+ Allnet Basic with smartphone.

@ttwa2011 
I ordered Google Pixel 6.
I compared the total costs, and still would like to switch to Basic.
Based on the order status, the phone has not shipped yet.

Can I somehow contact the customer service here on the forum to cancel the order before it ships? Or should I be calling them? (From what I remember, they don't speak English on the phone usually, and my German is not so good:)

@antonkoh 

@antonkoh  schrieb:

@ttwa2011 
Can I somehow contact the customer service here on the forum to cancel the order before it ships?

This is a moderated "customers help customers" forum. 

@antonkoh  schrieb:

@ttwa2011 
(From what I remember, they don't speak English on the phone usually, and my German is not so good:)

Tip:

If it is easier for you in writing, you can try to clarify the cancellation via the WhatsApp chat for example. Click here to start the chat.

Otherwise, simply cancel the order as described above after receiving the smartphone.

@ttwa2011 

May I please clarify something else?
We have received the additional SIM card for the Red Allnet+ Basic tarif.
In MeinVodafone, I can see the option to allocate data from the main card to it now.
However, the full amount of GB I can see on the main page of MeinVodafone didn't change. Am I correct that the amount I see there shows only the data from the main card? Where can I find the 5GB that belong to the additional card? I thought there would be some indication that the total data increased by 5GB 🙂

Thank you

@antonkoh 

@antonkoh  schrieb:

Am I correct that the amount I see there shows only the data from the main card? 

Yes.

@antonkoh  schrieb:

@ttwa2011 

Where can I find the 5GB that belong to the additional card? I thought there would be some indication that the total data increased by 5GB 🙂

The Red+ Allnet Basic has its own data volume of 5GB. So these 5GB are only displayed on the Red+ Allnet and not on the main card. You always see the data volume of the contract you have selected here.

Is the Red+ Allnet selectable there?

If not, you have to add them with the customer number/telephone number and the customer password. Alternatively, you can also simply start the My Vodafone app via the mobile network (WLAN off) with the smartphone in which the Red+ Allnet Sim is used. The data volume (5GB plus data volume allocated to the main card) should also be displayed there.