Cancellation or switch
Dhansen
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Hi! 16 days ago I got my Internet via cable from Vodafone. Now I need to move though, so I'm wondering if its possible to either cancel my contract (but I guess not since the rule is 14 days) or if it is possible to change my contract to a cellular contract instead. Anyone have any idea? (NRW) 

1 Antwort 1
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

The 14 days rule you refer to is the Right to Withdraw ("Widerrufsrecht") but only applies to contracts that have been agreed upon using means of telecommunication (by phone, by [e-]mail, by fax, by Internet) or outside of a shop or office (like at your home). And the 14 days don't count from the moment the line is set up but from the moment you are informed about your right to withdraw - which can be quite days before the setup of the line.

There is no such right for contracts signed at a shop or office from Vodafone - they are final.

Anyhow as you say that the 14 days have already passed, you are now (finally) bound to the contract at least for the minimum contractual term (usually two years). And there's also no possibility to switch from landline to mobile...