Activation code for Vodafone Cable Internet
Jacob91
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,
I have a new contract for cable internet. After 3 days, I have received the order confirmation letter on post. It has the customer number. However no activation code is received. Is it not possible to get the activation code on email.

11 Antworten 11
DennyW
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello @Jacob91 

the activation code will be sent separately by post after the order confirmation.

How long has it been?

Kind regards
Denny

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
Jacob91
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi. I am being told that it has been posted on 25/05. Hopefully will receive in couple of days.

Jacob91
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello,

So, I received the activation code and a Service pin in two seperate posts today. I tried activation using the activation portal. Unfortunately it doesn't work. Throws an error that something is wrong with the data entered. I have cross verified the customer number and the activation code entered is correct. However no luck. Below is the steps followed.

• Connect cable to modem Frotzbox 6690 and power it up.
  • Wait until the Power/Cable LED and WLAN LED is green and continuous ON (not in blinking state)
  • Connect to WLAN from PC.
  • As soon as PC connects to WLAN it automatically pops up the activation webpage. Kabelmodemactivieren.vodafone.de/login
  • Entered the Kundennummer (customer no) and activation code received via post
  • Click the button 'Weiter'.

After few seconds it throws the following error.

IMG_20240529_000254.jpg

I've hit a roadblock. I have been in contact with a service personal on phone on May25th. They  asked me for the CM MAC of my modem and told everything should work as soon as I get the activation code on post. But unfortunately that is not the case. 

Jacob91
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer
Jacob91
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

@DennyW 

If it helps, this is the status of Fritzbox page.

IMG_20240529_004331.jpg

Hey @Jacob91 

In that case, contact us via WhatsApp.

Kind regards
Denny

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

@DennyW I tired using WhatsApp, However that's not getting anywhere. The chatbot is asking me the same question back and forth and not connecting me to a real person. It been 2 weeks since the order for internet.

do you have double check for any typing errors in activation code?

for example 0 instead of O oder 8 instead of B

I can confirm that there was no typo errors. Today, I spoke with a custom support person from Vodafone. They have confirmed that there was a second activation code sent on May 25th and this invalidates the first one received. However it is more than a week and I haven't received the second activation code on post. I don't know how long to wait. They informed they could generate another code again but this makes the waiting time go on for another week. And my contract will anyway start in few days no matter it is activated or not. End of the day, I pay money but no service delivered.