Frage

Antwort

Lösung

New cable 1000mbits with vodaphone supplied FRITZ!Box never connects
Veciii
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello I am new to Germany and new to Hesse. I only speak a little German so please forgive my English.

I received a FRITZ! Box with my contract. I have set it up as per the instructions in all cable locations in my apartment and none have allowed a connection. It's been connected for 3 days now in the living room. The FRITZ! Box seems to work fine. I have connected to it via WiFi and patch cable provided. I have also ran the diagnostics. It shows no head end found. I have called support line 4 times now. Twice yesterday and twice today. I keep getting told to wait a few hours for a call back in English. How can I resolve this problem?

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Veciii
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

The technician installed a new cable into the apartment as it was determined that there was not one available within this space.  This solved the issue.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

5 Antworten 5
Ida
Moderator:in

Hi Veciii

Can you please give us the following information:

•Which contract do you have? (e.g. Internet + telephone 100)

•Which modem/router do you use? (e.g. Hitron)

•Do you use a rental device from us or do you have your own device?

•Which error occurs? (Speed too low; Packetloss) Also send screenshots of speed tests (with date and time) and tracerts/pingplotter measurements in case of Packetloss or ping problems

•How is your device connected to the modem? (LAN; WLAN; additional router; PowerLAN)

•Which browser do you normally use? (e.g. Firefox)

•Which operating system do you have on your computer? (e.g. Windows)

•Beginning and period of the disturbance (e.g.: since the beginning of April; only in the evening)

•Upload a screenshot of the signal values. You can find these in the user interface of your cable router via 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.178.1 for the Fritzbox.

Best regards
Ida

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
Veciii
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Which contract do you have? (e.g. Internet + telephone 100) 1000mbs with telephone

•Which modem/router do you use? (e.g. Hitron) fritzbox

•Do you use a rental device from us or do you have your own device? rental from VF

A technician was able to come out on Tuesday and identified the issue as a problem with the cable entering the apartment.  Therefore, there was no signal in any of the available connection ports.  He was not able to solve the issue due to the landlord not being able to come to the apartment.  Another appointment is now set for Friday, with the solution being to run a new cable into the apartment.

Thank you very much for your assistance and response to my post!!!  I am very hopeful that all will be solved on Friday.

•Which error occurs? (Speed too low; Packetloss) Also send screenshots of speed tests (with date and time) and tracerts/pingplotter measurements in case of Packetloss or ping problems

•How is your device connected to the modem? (LAN; WLAN; additional router; PowerLAN)

•Which browser do you normally use? (e.g. Firefox)

•Which operating system do you have on your computer? (e.g. Windows)

•Beginning and period of the disturbance (e.g.: since the beginning of April; only in the evening)

•Upload a screenshot of the signal values. You can find these in the user interface of your cable router via 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.178.1 for the Fritzbox.

Ida

Hi Veciii

Please keep us informed about the results of the technician's appointment.

Best regards
Ida

Veciii
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

The technician installed a new cable into the apartment as it was determined that there was not one available within this space.  This solved the issue.

Chr1ssy

Hi Veciii,

this are great news!

Since your problem is solved, i will close this thread now.

I wish you a nice evening and a lot of fun with your connection.

Kind regards

Chr1ssy