New Router Activation
sinad
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hello there,

I am sorry I write this in English. I hope you can still help me.

I recently bought a new Kabel Router to send my old one to a service. In the mean time, I would like to use the new one so I still have access to the internet.

Unfortunately, I am not able to connect to the internet with the new router. When I connect the network, a kabelmodemaktivate.vodafone.de page pops up but after a minute or two, it says page doesn't exist and says call vodafone.

How can I use my new router with my existing Kabel contract?

Best,

Sina D.

8 Antworten 8
RobertP
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

I assume your new router is a Fritzbox

what is the acticle number on the backside?

sinad
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

@RobertPyes, it is a FritzBox and the artikel number is 2000 2965.

that's the right one  👍
try again to reach

https://kabelmodemaktivieren.vodafone.de

and do not use external DNS Servers - otherwise the activationportal is not reachable
if you access the portal via wifi, ensure that your device keeps connected to the fritzbox

better use a LAN cable during activation

sinad
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

@RobertP 

I used LAN cable and still couldn't reach to the website. It took almost 5 minutes to load the page and I was able to monitor the internet connection from the web developer tools of Chrome but eventually the connection timed out. Please see the screenshot below.

sinad_0-1712586286769.png

I don't think I changed my DNS settings but just in case here is my OS settings,

sinad_1-1712586478185.png

Do you think I can change the timeout settings? Or anything else I can do to fasten the connection other than using LAN cable?

Best,

Sina

are there any other devices connected to the fritzbox while you try to reach the activation portal

sinad
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

@RobertP 

I was able to connect this time! There were some other devices connected as well. Unplugging them seem like did the job. Thank you so much.

Unfortunately, I am still not able to aktivate the modem. It asks me for an activation code and seems like my existing one doesn't work anymore. I requested a new one but seems like it is send by post and it is gonna take some time.

Is there a way to get the activation code digitally so I don't have to wait for the post?

@sinad  schrieb:

Is there a way to get the activation code digitally so I don't have to wait for the post?

unfortunately no  😞

sinad
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

@RobertPthen we have to wait!

Thanks a lot for your support!