abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

DSL to Kabel
SJhingan
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello, recently a Vodafone official showed up in my apartment and mentioned that my DSL connection will be upgraded to a Kabel connection. I was told that DSL connections are being upgraded to Kabel connections in my area. With that I received a giga box and a new Kabel router via post. I don't understand why this sudden upgradation and are there any additional costs I must pay? Also, I have not received any instructions what to do with my old router from the DSL connection? Please help me understand what I must do next!

9 Antworten 9
Stephan
Moderator:in

Hi SJhingan,

let's have a look on that. Please send me a private message with the following information:

your name

your address

date of birth

your customer number (cable)

the link of this thread

Please reply here when you have sent the private message.

Regards

Stephan

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Hello Stephan,

the information is sent

Stephan

Hi SJhingan,

thank you for your data.

A change to cable Internet is not absolutely necessary. If you decide to switch, we can offer you up to 400 MBit/s via cable.

The TV package you got is mostly in German. I don't know if this is really something for you.

It is now your decision whether we revoke the whole thing and you stay with DSL or we switch to cable internet.

Regards

Stephan

Hello Stephan, thanks for the reply. If I switch to Kabel but without the giga tv connection, what would be my new monthly tariff/charges? What would be the next steps for this? And if I wish to stay with DSL what must I do? As of now I have the giga tv box and the new Kabel router. I did not connect them as yet.
Lars

Hi SJhingan,

so you want to revoke GigaTV, right?

For internet and telephone 400 cables the price for the first 12 months would be 14,99 Euro, from the 13th month on 44,99 Euro. But you can also change to a smaller tariff after 12 months.

Now you have to decide if you want to change or not and everything stays the same.

Regards

Lars

SJhingan
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello Lars,

Thanks for the information. In that case I would like to revoke everything and stay with only my current DSL connection (my current connection is a DSL phone and internet 50). I did not understand why I was approached with this upgrade to Kabel in the first place. Please guide me as to what to do with the Kabel router and Giga TV box? How and where should I send it back?

Warmest regards,

SJhingan

Lars

Hi SJhingan,

I've now revoked the contracts. You will receive a written cancellation confirmation for both contracts. It contains the details of the return of the cable router and the GigaTV box.

Do you have any further questions?

Best regards

Lars

SJhingan
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hello,

I received the instructions via post to send back the router and the giga box on Tuesday. So I have returned both devices yesterday. The letter with the instructions reached me on 16.07.2019 but was dated 10.07.2019. I sent the devices on 17.07.2019. I hope the packages reach you within 14 days after July 10th. Is there any way to know if the devices have reached you?

Thomas

Hi SJhingan,

the equipment has already arrived. So everything is done and there is nothing else to do. Do you still have questions or can the contribution be closed?

Regards

Thomas

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!