abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Wifi function unstable. Can I replace a new router?
VincentH
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Sir or Madam,

I am an old user (nearly five years) of vodafone cabel Internet. I decide to stay with vodafone with an extended contract. The old router (model CH7466CE) has been used nearly five years (at least). Maybe someone used it before me. Anyway, the wifi, especially the 5G channel, went to unusable time by time. It happens at least twice per week. From my friend, a newer user of vodone cabel, I know that he has a new model of the router (free of charge). Can you replace my router to the new model? Or, at least a router working properly.

Thank you very much. 

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
ERFD
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello VincentH,

we have initiated the exchange of the box. This will take about 3-5 business days. Please give us feedback again afterwards.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Best regards Fred

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten 9
RobertP
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

have you tried to setup a fixed channel between 36 and 48 for the 5Ghz WIFI

by the way, the new Vodafone Station isn't better that your current one,

especially the WIFI part of the VF Station isn't the best  😞

Hi Robert, 

Thanks for the reply. I fixed the channel for 5G. However, I need to check the exact number of the channel after I am back home. I felt that it might not be a issue of channel. Sometime the 5G wifi is not discovarable by devices. However, in most of the cases, the 5G wifi was connected by devices but there was no Internet. At the same moment, the 2.4G work worked well.

Before I use the bridge model of the vodafone box with a self-purchased router, I still want to see whether a newer vodafone box can solve my issue. A good router is not cheap. I do want to spend the money if it is not necessary. Thank you for understanding.

OK understand  😉

one last question:

why you do not use your self-purchased router any longer?

Thanks for the fast reply. Sorry for the misleading expression. I haven't purchase a router yet. In the first two to three years. The wifi function of the Vodafone box worked well. I am pleasure with it. The issue started from last year.

It will be me last step to buy a good router if replacing a Vodafone box can not solve the issue.  If I have to go that step, I definitly will buy a real good one, e.g. wifi6 router from ASUS.  

pRo-Marco

Hi VincentH,

let's replace the router for free to a newer model. Please send me your name, address, day of birth and customer number by PN. Please also let me know here if you have sent the message.

Kind regards

Marco

Hi Marco,

Thanks a lot for the reply and kind offer. I have sent the required informatuion to you by PN.

ERFD

Hello VincentH,

we have initiated the exchange of the box. This will take about 3-5 business days. Please give us feedback again afterwards.

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Best regards Fred

VincentH
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Fred,

Thanks a lot for the really quick reaction on my case. I am really suprised. It is a good Christmas gift for me. Best wishes also to you and your families. My case is perfectly solved, you can archive this topic if it is needed. 

Best regards,

Wen

Claudia

Hello Wen,

thank you for your kind reply :). Don't forget to send the old device to the following address within 14 days:

Vodafone Kabel Deutschland GmbH

c/o DHL Paket

Am Tower 222

90475 Nürnberg

We would be happy if you take part in the survey, which we will send you by private message. I will close your thread now, if you have any further questions please open a new one.

Kind regards and Happy New Year :).

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!