abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Upload speed down to 10 mbit/s or less
wealas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Welchen Vertrag hast Du? Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable
Welches Modem/ Router nutzt Du? Arris TG3442DE
Nutzt Du ein Leih-Gerät von uns oder hast Du ein eigenes Gerät? Leih-Gerät
Welcher Fehler tritt auf? Upload speed has been deteriorating for the past month, now I can hardly get 10 mbit/s upstream on a good day.
Wie ist Dein Endgerät mit dem Modem verbunden? LAN
Welchen Browser verwendest Du normalerweise? Chrome and Firefox
Welches Betriebssystem hast Du auf Deinem Rechner? Windows, Linux
Beginn und Zeitraum der Störung (z.B: seit Anfang April; nur am Abend) Usually the speed improves a bit on weekends and between midnight and 7 am.
Lade dazu noch einen Screenshot von den Signalwerten hoch. Diese findest Du in der Benutzeroberfläche Deines Kabelrouters über 192.168.0.1 bzw. über 192.168.178.1 bei der Fritzbox.
Welche Maßnahmen wurden durch die Störungshotline (erreichbar unter 0800-5266625) durchgeführt?
In welchem Bundesland wohnst Du? Bayern

Hello,

for the past month my upstream connection has been getting worse and now I can hardly get 10 mbit/s upstream. I have been monitoring the modem upstream channels and now they are constantly stuck at 4QAM modulation which explains the slow speeds. 

The same problem was fixed back in March via this thread: https://forum.vodafone.de/t5/St%C3%B6rungsmeldungen-Internet-TV/Upload-speed-deteriorates-in-the-aft... so you should still have my customer info.

Here is a current speed test and DOCSIS status from the modem.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

speedtest.pngmodem.png

34 Antworten 34
Wallace
Ex-Moderator:in

Hi,

due to the low modulation, the load on the upstreams has increased enormously. I have arranged a check and recorded a ticket for you.

Regards

Wallace

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
wealas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

the service ticket was closed 3 days ago and there is definitelly an improvement in the upstream speed (I get 25-35 mbit/s rates, still not anywhere close to 50) along with the modulation stable in the 16/32 QAM region but now there is a pretty consistent packet loss (10-15%) for the past week. 

Attached is a packet loss graph of the past 2 weeks. 

Could you take a look, please?

Thanks!Screenshot_20201104_121340.png

Tobias

Hey,

should be fine now, there was something faulty - looks like its fixed.

Regards

Tobias

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!
wealas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Not much of a change on my end. I've restarted modem and router several times and I've switched the monitoring IP but packet loss persits. And while the channel modulation seems to be pretty good I'm noticing reduced upstream - usually in the 20-25 mbit/s region. Here is a snapshot of the packet loss in the last 20 hours.

Thanks for the help!

packet-loss.png

pRo-Marco

Hi wealas,

everything seems to be fine. You use your own router behind the cable-modem?

Kind regards

Marco

Hello,

yes, I do have my own router. However, when I switch the network monitor to only ping the cable modem I get no packet loss. When I switch to ping 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8 I get packet loss.

Here is a screenshot of the past 20 hours. You can see the period of no packet loss between 16 and 19 hours when the router was just pinging the cable modem. After that I switched to 8.8.8.8 and got consistent packet loss. 

I also noticed that when the upstream channel modulation falls to 8 QAM the packet loss stops. It happened last week for about 2 days and as soon as the upstream modulation recovered to 16/32 QAM the packet loss was back without any intervention on my side.

Thanks!

packet-loss.png

Martin59
Moderator:in

Hello wealas,

the disturbance occurs throughout the day, or rather in the evening hours?

Best regards, Martin

wealas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi Martin,

packet loss happens throughout the day. Attached is a snapshot of the past 60 hours at 25min averages.

Thanks!

packet-loss-60.png

Martin59

Hello wealas,

currently the upstream workload is increased, which leads to the impairments The colleagues are currently investigating how to relieve the load.

Best regards, Martin