abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

New kabel station getting disconnected frequently
johnjamin
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi,

I had no idea how to get through the auto mobile answering system in German, so I am writing the problem here. 

I recently made a new cable internet contract and switched the tarrif from 400 to 1000. I described the problem to a worker in vodafone shop which I was having from the old machine (thought it was the router problem). The fast line option in tge router would get disconnected frequently while the slow connection was stable.  So I asked for the new router hoping I would get a stable fast connection.

The new one came, set it up and the same problem is occurring. It is getting disconnected every now and then. It gets completely disconnected (wifi dissapears). When it is working though, the speed seems to be okay but the ping seems often to be very high. I guess this is an indication of a vodafone line problem.

The problem seems to have been in the place for a long time. As I have misjudged initially the cause to be the router. Now with a lot of homeoffice, it is really problematic. How can I get support to resolve this issue? 

42 Antworten 42
Jens
Moderator:in

Hey johnjamin,

if the exchange device is installed, the first one can't activate, not even with an activation code.

Are the 200mbps only with wifi? If yes, use only the 5GHz wifi and a device, that can handle the speed. Please bear in mind, however, that the range at 5Ghz is lower than at 2.4Ghz.

Regards

Jens

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
johnjamin
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

I was already using the 5g. Yesterday it was showing 200 and today it is showing 450. I am not so sure why the difference were shown. To me, this is a sign of unstable connections.  Also, 450 is still not even the half of 1000. Do you think this is normal? And I am getting the service I have signed for?

Martin59

Hello johnjamin,

what speeds do you achieve via LAN cabling?

Best regards, Martin

Hello Martin,

I ran the speed test on your website. Speedtest.vodafone.

with the lan connection a minute ago.

It shows 

Ping 17

Download 676 

Upload 11.

However the download bar often shows 200 during the checking process. These values still seem very less to me and upload of 11 doesnt sound so correct.

When I check it from my phone, note 10 +, download is around 400. 

In the next page 

Martin59

Hello johnjamin,

then I would be happy to commission a technician to take a look at it on site.

If the malfunction is caused by your cabling, your end devices or by improper handling, the service will be charged with 99,540 €. In all other cases it is free of charge.

Please send me a current mobile phone number, the info if YOU can access the house amplifier and if there are signs of Covid-19 via PN .

After that please leave a short info here.

Best regards, Martin

Hello johnjamin,

can you please ask your landlord or the janitor where the house amplifier is located?

This is actually usually in the basement or attic, only we just do not know.

Without the information whether you or the landlord / janitor can establish access, I can not commission a technician.

Best regards, Martin

Hi,

I sent an email to the immobilien office. It will take awhile until i get an answer.

In a meanwhile, I checked the basement of the house. I think i found the container which looks like it is for the net. However, it seems to be locked. I do not know who has the keys. From where I come from, the keys are normally from the net companies. Is it the case here as well?

I see another small container which is located just besides it. This one has a sticker on it saying "Medienberater im Auftrag für Kabel Deutschland Andreas Kawaldt..." i took photos of the both containers. But here i cannot upload them due to the size limitation. 

Would this not be enough to get a technical person?

Now the situation become worse. I have no internet (wifi) at all. I am trying my best to remain calm but it is really cauing alot of problems. When I check router it says "Docsis offline".

One additional question: Is there a way to reach vodafone customer service without the german speaking voice machine?

Moni_GK
Administrator:in
Administrator:in

Hello johnjamin,

the customer service on the phone is only German.

Send me a photo of the box. Then I can tell you if it is the house connection.

Greetings Moni

Unaufgeforderte PNs werden nicht beantwortet - Bitte erstellt einen Thread. Die Community hilft!

Link please see the photos in the link. 

Martin59

Hello johnjamin,

the box in the first picture is the house amplifier. There were also some repairs done in the network in the last days. Can you please do a new speedtest again?

Best regards, Martin