abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Slow connection with DSL - can I move to Kabel or should I wait for the contract to expire?
edxmas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Hi team,

this month the connection is terrible. Around 5Mbps in download, and around 0.5Mbps in upload.I made the Vodafone speed check. This happened several times this year, after few days recovered, but not now. 

The connection is extremely unreliable and I have to switch tethering on my phone. When I moved to this apartment, I couldn't bring my previous contract with me as Kabel wasn't available here. I'd love to go back to Kabel possibly given the the limitation of the DSL one in terms of speed and frequent issues.

My contract is a GigaZuhause 100 ADSL

Modem FRITZ!Box 7530 (normally using a eero router behind it connected via LAN - but I tested with a direct connection to it too)

I normally connect through wifi

I usually browse through Chrome, on osx

It started around 4 weeks ago

Speedtest-ID: cvsdrt

Thanks for your support

8 Antworten 8
DennyW
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hello @edxmas 

please contact our written customer service via Facebook / X / WhatsApp so that our colleagues can help you.

Kind regards
Denny

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
edxmas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thank you Denny

Can you please provide Facebook, x, and WhatsApp contacts?

Thanks

Sorry, I actually wanted to link the contacts. You can find them here.

edxmas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Thanks Denny. I’ve contacted the customer service and I’m waiting for Telekom to come, but ao far nobody called me, nor I received an email confirmation.

Shall I just wait? I feel the Internet connection is going worse over time. Can I get e refund for all this time the connection was far below the contract expectation?

Thanks

with pleasure. You can request a credit note via customer service.

Kind regards
Denny

edxmas
Netzwerkforscher
Netzwerkforscher

Dear Denny

After some time I was able to talk to an english speaking person who opened a ticket and requested Telekom to come over and fix the problem. Unfortunately nobody called me anymore to get an appointment. I went to a physical Vodafone store, they told me to reach out to the customer service to solicit. So far, no luck.

I think this is configuring as a good reason to conclude the contract earlier and pass to another operator. Do you have a suggestion?

Thank you!

natas666
Giga-Genie
Giga-Genie

if docsis (data over cable) is available at your adress, vodafone allows u 2 change from dsl cintract 2 internet over cable-contract as soon as u lik / or as soon as it it possible in technical circumstances.

and u can choose the new cablernet conwith ntimer ootiondition

tha because one wants 2 provide services from its own syste - not from the telekom-dsl-system !

Hey @edxmas 

Is your current phone number stored in your customer account? It's best to contact our customer service (It is best to use the written channels, such as WhatsApp/FB/X) again to clarify why no one has contacted you so far.

Best regards
Denny