abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Roaming abroad countries for mobile phone contract tariffs
Venky-Venky
Digitalisierer
Digitalisierer

Hi Team,

would like to renew my current mobile phone contract tariff which gonna end in mid of March (12-March-2022) because I would be continuing my stay in Germany atleast till December 2022 (which means up to 9 months only). 

So while leaving Germany and going back to my home  country (India), can I still cancel my contract with 3 months notice period ?

Or will Vodafone won't accept my cancellation stating that even in India we can provide services with higher pack/monthly rates where I'll end up paying lot. 

Please confirm on this, so based on this I'll decide whether to continue using Vodafone till December or to cancel my contract. 

Please note my home country is India. Mentioning explicitly to receive correct info. 

Regards

Venky

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

No, unlike the landline network, there is no special right of termination for mobile communications if you move abroad. You can continue to use your contract in India at the agreed terms.
I urgently advise you to simply let the contract continue to run without notice, as there will be a change in the law in Germany from December 1st, 2021. You can then terminate telecommunications contracts whose minimum contract period has expired with a notice period of 1 month.
If, on the other hand, you cancel by mid-December and then accept a return offer, your minimum contract period begins anew. However, from December there will also be contracts with a minimum contract term of 12 months, which are then a maximum of 25% more expensive than contracts with a 24-month term.
You can then choose what is cheaper for you - keep the contract running and terminate it at any time with one month's notice, or you can terminate it and conclude a new tariff with a minimum contract term of 12 or 24 months.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

3 Antworten 3
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

No, unlike the landline network, there is no special right of termination for mobile communications if you move abroad. You can continue to use your contract in India at the agreed terms.
I urgently advise you to simply let the contract continue to run without notice, as there will be a change in the law in Germany from December 1st, 2021. You can then terminate telecommunications contracts whose minimum contract period has expired with a notice period of 1 month.
If, on the other hand, you cancel by mid-December and then accept a return offer, your minimum contract period begins anew. However, from December there will also be contracts with a minimum contract term of 12 months, which are then a maximum of 25% more expensive than contracts with a 24-month term.
You can then choose what is cheaper for you - keep the contract running and terminate it at any time with one month's notice, or you can terminate it and conclude a new tariff with a minimum contract term of 12 or 24 months.

Thank you for the detailed info and for quick response. 

Since the solution has been marked here, I'll close now.