abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

GigaTV NetBox - change channels language to English
arnos24
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Dear Vodafone Team,

I'm having the "issue" where the channels are always in German regardless of the language settings on the device (Giga TV Net Box Sagemcom DIW362). Every time when I want to listen a channel in the original language (where supported), I need to manually switch it.

I'm having this for one and a half year since I have GigaTV and no one could solve it so far. Both language settings are in English:

Settings /Language /English

Settings/ System Settings/ System Language/English

Also the device seems to be up to date (a couple of resets were already done trying to fix this).

I saw these types of requests were solved in the past (closed topics) by someone from your side, so any help will be much appreciated.

Please let me know if you need any info from my side.

Thank you!

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen
Claudia
Ex-Moderator:in

Hello arnos24,

we can set the audio language to English for the "big" GigaTV 4k Box, but not for the Net Box :/. As this would be really helpful I forwarded it as an improvement. Unfortunately we cannot foresee if or when the audio setting will be implemented.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

8 Antworten 8
Claudia

Hello arnos24,

we can set the audio language to English for the "big" GigaTV 4k Box, but not for the Net Box :/. As this would be really helpful I forwarded it as an improvement. Unfortunately we cannot foresee if or when the audio setting will be implemented.

Kind regards

Claudia

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes!

Thank you @Claudia for your answer, hope your developer team will solve this soon.

Anyway, what will cost me to have one of the GigaTV 4k Box instead of the Net Box? So I can bypass this inconvienence of switching all the time the channel language?

I'm currently paying almost 25 Euro for TV and having just a few months left from my contract, which otherwise I'm thinking to terminate.

Thank you!

Lars
Moderator:in
Moderator:in

Hi arnos24,

do you know if there is cable TV available in your area? Do you have any other contracts with us? Which German state do you come from?

Best regards

Lars

Bewertet hilfreiche Beiträge mit Likes und Sternen!
arnos24
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi @Lars ,

I'm currently having the "Red Internet & Phone 500 Cable" + GigaTV Premium, the reason why I went with the NetBox was that I'm not having a cable port where my TV device is (so I needed something wireless).  I'm based in Sachsen-Anhalt.

I had so many issues with this NetBox in terms of receiving the channels properly (it just went off suddenly with some sort of error code), but I had the great idea to switch your Wlan VF station router to the bridge mode and set my own WiFi router in front of it. Since then I got almost no such issues, except this inconvienience of changing the language all the time (where the channel is supporting it). 

As a side note, if you'll see similar cases where users are complainig about their TV channels cutting off (in this configuration, WLan VF Station - NetBox), the cause is related to the VF Wlan router (I assume the Firewall is guilty).

Anyway, as I was a bit off topic here, what are your suggestions regarding this language issue?

Thank you!

pRo-Marco

Hi arnos24,

let me prove this. Maybe our collegues can change this. Please send me your name, address, day of birth and customer number by PN. Please also let me know here if you have sent the message.

Kind regards

Marco

Hi @pRo-Marco ,

many thanks for your help on this.

I've just sent you a PM with the requested details.

Best regards!

ERFD

Hello arnos24,

as @Claudia has already written here, the sound can currently only be permanently changed on certain devices. Unfortunately not on this one. You have to adjust it manually.

Best regards Fred

arnos24
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

So in other words, your solution is no solution. And you mark it here as a solution. That's nice.

Also why no channel is displaying any subtitle where supported? I have it enabled in the Settings.

Or this is again not possible on the netBox?

Not sure, then, why are you pushing this NetBox to end users, anyone with a smartTV can just use the GigaTv App.

Anyway, this inconvienence is ongoing for years nowas I see on chats, so I have no expectation that in the near future your (or contracted) developers will solve it.

My contract is near to the end, so I'll have a 2nd thought.

Cheers.