abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

Get public IP4 address
Leslielie
Smart-Analyzer
Smart-Analyzer

Hi,

I have cable internet with IP6 address. Would it be possible to get IP4 address, so I can set up dynamic IP service through which I can reach my home devices though VPN externally?

Thanks

1 Akzeptierte Lösung

Akzeptierte Lösungen

You then simply have to configure the Asus router (again) as a router and no longer as an access point. It is important to use DHCP to obtain the IP. For IPv6 you can then request a /59 prefix.

After switching to dual stack, the menu item Bridge mode or Router mode is visible in the router menu, where you can then make the change directly. However, this is not necessary in NRW, BW and Hesse, because there the conversion to dual stack is carried out directly in the Vodafone station.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

9 Antworten 9
Torsten
SuperUser
SuperUser

It's possible, but how you get there depends on which federal state you're from.

In NRW, Baden Württemberg and Hesse (Vodafone West) you need at least one Red Internet&Phone 250 Cable U contract, to which you can then add either the Power Upload (€2.99/month) or the Homebox option (€4.99/month plus . once €29.99 for activation and €9.99 for shipping) for a fee. Then dual stack can be booked, but this is checked individually for each customer.
In the rest of Germany (Vodafone Deutschland) you can either activate your own end device (e.g. a Fritzbox 6591/6660/6690 or a cable modem like TC4400 and an own router) and specify whether you want to use IPv4 only, dual stack or DS lite or you can activate it on the cable router (usually the Vodafone Station ) the bridge mode and uses IPv4 only on its own router connected behind it.

Hello Torsten,

Now I have the contract with the tarrif Red Internet & Phone 1000 Cable. And I use the vodafone station. I have some question about your solution:

1, If can I use both ipv4 with a public ip and ipv6 with Vodafone station in my tarrif? If it is possible, how can I apply?

2, How can I set the vodafone station in bridge mode and use my own wifi router connected behind the vodafone station? And I also need landline phone with vodafone station.

Thanks.

As written, it depends on your federal state.
In the VFD/ex-KDG area you can activate the bridge mode in the MeinKabel portal if you cancel the Homespot option. But it lasts 7 days. The telephony then continues to run via the Vodafone station.
In the VFW/ex-UM area you have to contact customer service and ask to switch to dual stack, e.g. because of home office.

And yes, the Vodafone Station can do IPv4 only, Dual Stack (publicly reachable IPv4 & IPv6) and DS lite (IPv6 with DS lite tunnel for IPv4 connections).

Hello Torsten,

I'm in Dusseldorf NRW. Can you help me to switch my vodafone station into bridge mode and do Dual Stack with landine phone?  

Thanks.

I'm just a customer like you. You have to call the hotline 0221/46619100, unfortunately there is only support in German there.
Alternatively, wait here until a VFW mod reports and requests your data. There is also support in English, but it takes a few days.

Hello Torsten,

Sorry. I have mistaken you are from Vodafone support team.

Do you know if there is some necessary requirements to the router behind the vodafone station with bridge mode? I just have a asus wifi router behind the vodafone station. If switching vodafone station into bridge mode, How can I connect to the internet with asus wifi router?

Thanks a lot.

You then simply have to configure the Asus router (again) as a router and no longer as an access point. It is important to use DHCP to obtain the IP. For IPv6 you can then request a /59 prefix.

After switching to dual stack, the menu item Bridge mode or Router mode is visible in the router menu, where you can then make the change directly. However, this is not necessary in NRW, BW and Hesse, because there the conversion to dual stack is carried out directly in the Vodafone station.

Hello Torsten,

Thank you for your help. I've switched dual stack and bridge mode now.

Thank you for your feedback. Then I'll close here now. If you have any questions or concerns, simply open a new post in the appropriate board.