abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du 
Aktuelle Eilmeldungen

TV: Kabelfernsehen wird Mietersache. Jetzt handeln!
Deine Störung ist nicht dabei? Dann nutz unseren Störungsfinder!

Frage

Antwort

Lösung

[Eng] Own VDSL modem
Rinin
Daten-Fan
Daten-Fan

Sorry for posting in English.

It was asked several times, but a lot of the topics are quite outdated already.

Couple of days ago Vodafone installed "business" internet in our office. To say I was shocked to see what technician brought would be an understatement.

I'm slowly getting used to German IT being subpar, but cheap consumer WiFi all-in-one station in a server room brought this feeling to a next level. 

The question is. Is it possible to buy and install any simple modem. Because we need internet from Vodafone and that's it. Nothing more please. 

Are the any requirements for such a modem, and does Vodafone already have some list of supported models. It would be great to have at least one model which is not all-in-one station for home use.

1 Antwort 1
reneromann
SuperUser
SuperUser

It depends on the kind of connection that is used...

If it's cable internet, e.g. internet from the antenna outlet, then I'm afraid to tell that there's most likely no modems available at all that support the necessary EuroDOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 standards.

If it's DSL, so really using the phone line, you may get yourself a VDSL2 compatible modem with support for SuperVectoring to use instead of the rental device.